Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was my first ride with my new rage 3 and gen 2 secondary and let me just say it was night and day. We started our ride out on the hard top headed to ivy branch, a new Hatfield Mccoy trail system. My stepdad has the xp1k and from about a 15mph roll I pulled him by about 3 lengths up to 75mph. We stopped at the trailhead on a small incline to wait on a rzr s. When we took back off I rode a wheelie for about 30 feet. All I can say is wow, if you are going to buy anything for your Maverick get a set of clutches. The super atv power steering was awesome too, really took the work out of riding!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
how does the new clutch effect the engine braking on steep down hills?? im thinking about leaving the stock secondary so I can keep my engine braking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yeah, the factory engine braking is one of my favorite parts of my maverick. I ride in some really rocky mountainous areas and its nice to not have to ride the hell out of my brakes all the time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Engine breaking is not as good as factory. You have to stay in the gas to keep it engaged with the stm, but I don't mind it. When I first got my maverick I was in low range two wheel drive and dropped over a steep hill. As soon as I did the rear end lock up and slid around, I came a hair from flipping. So both setups have there pro's and con's it's just your personal preference.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I got some used stm clutches coming .Cant wait to get them on it
Can't wait to hear how u like them tom, just remember to dial them in before u button everything back up. Just work with the heal weight or call kris
I liked having 7oz on the heal but I think I tried taking a lil more off n didn't like it as much but I think I never had a chance to change it back. The 7oz is 1 of the bigger fat washers

Feel free to text me with any questions also, I have a pretty good understanding about them also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am excited to get mine dailed in. Kris is helping me and he has been a great guy to work with from the start. I rode mine for the first time with the rage 3 and stm secondary and I could only get 65 mph and got beat by 3 links by a stock rzr 900. I am ready to feel the true potential of these clutches!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kris is the one who set mine up and they are amazing. I only lost 2mph on top end but bottom end gain would have been worth a 10mph top end loss..

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I don't understand why people are loosing top end? Guess it really doesn't matter. I haven't tried to top mine out in 9 months

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just installed my rage 6 and gen2 secondary with a 45 helix an gold spring. I hit really hard at low end but Tap out at 70mph so I just ordered a qsc spring that is I between the yellow and gold which will give me my too end back.

MaddMack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts