Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stm rage 3 primary and secondary. I smoked my belt on my last ride, what is the easiest way to replace it? Do I need to completely remove the secondary?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
remove the secondary bolt and use the supplied clutch spreader tool. Open the sheaves and slide the belt off. Clean up the debris from your old belt and install the new belt. Remove the tool and reinstall the mounting bolt and torque to 30 ft/lbs

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you reuse the bolt supplied with the stm clutches? I know the factory bolt they recommend replacing it..

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yes sir...no need to replace the STM secondary bolt. I have had mine on and off about 15 times and reuse the bolt each time. Some people like to put some blue loctite on the threads but I have never used it and never had an issue (knock on wood).

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you bet...

Reactions: KRIS

·
Registered
1 Posts
remove the secondary bolt and use the supplied clutch spreader tool. Open the sheaves and slide the belt off. Clean up the debris from your old belt and install the new belt. Remove the tool and reinstall the mounting bolt and torque to 30 ft/lbs

How do you remove the bolt i can't seem to get it loose?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Take a big round screwdriver, wrap it with electical tape to stop marks. Stick it inside the helix to keep the secondary from turning, and use a 5/16 allen to remove the center bolt.

NorthWestOffroad.net
Racing- Adventure - Fun
Maverick XRS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts