Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 maverick
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Don't know what's going on . Both clutchs are spinning and making it hard to shift, there is only 50 miles on them. Called stm they told me replace the spring in the primary so I did and it did not fix anything. If I put the stock primary on then it works fine . Help got a trip coming up

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
Keep the stock primary on then. I don't know many that haven't had issues with an STM clutch.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sounds like the one way bearing in the primary…..service the bearing

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sounds like a dirty one way bearing . Is the belt touching the sheaves on the primary ?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

·
Registered
2013 maverick
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the same but my stock one works fine it almost like there is not enough room between the clutch faces . Could it have something to do with the way its set up ? Maybe need Is heavier Spring or the weights adjusted . Bc I also Notice that when I start it it almost looks like it sucks in a little wee bit and then when I shut off it pops back out that was why STM told me to put a new Spring in it well could set up just be no good in causing it to come in and touch the belt when it's idling

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the exact same issue with mine shortly after break in. I had to add the extra washer to the spring plate that comes with the kit and that solved the problem. I think what happens is the primary spring settles a little after some use. I could easily push the clutch in by hand up to the belt before I added the washer. now it stays away from the belt until the throttle is pushed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I may have misspoke. Now that I think about it, I pulled the spring out, slide the washer on and then put the spring back in. It's been a while and my memory is failing. The clutch still works as it should over a year later though.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
that depends on what you’re trying to accomplish ……call STM

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Call Les Kubach at High Tech Powersports . Him and his partner are the STM experts . They sell and set up more STM clutches than anyone else on the planet . He can hook you up

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
too wide of a belt
or the clutch could be shimmed wrong
will cause the belt to not ride on the bearing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts