Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joined the STM club today, looking forward to running them.

Bright green primary spring

Pink secondary spring

50/40 helix,

Not sure on the weights, as supplied.

Noticed the fins on the back of the secondary have been machined in one spot to clear the backing cover bolts now.

Had to go ghetto and make a primary puller bolt,couldn't wait another 2 weeks.
Worked fine, rattled it up tight then tapped bolt with hammer and it popped.

Suprising how little the secondary spline engages to the gearbox spline.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Every time I see one of these new setups I am A: very jealous. .B: wondering when someone is buying me one.. And C: very jealous.. nice looking setup Zakka. .. those clutches look like art..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, I know , these pictures of new stm set ups are getting old, but yea, couldn't afford them but got them anyway ... You know how it is ,lol. Just lucky my wife is my navi and loves the Mav as much as me he he

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do mate, my first race is not till march, but I will be mixing it up with them other places.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Superior engineering short course , yea just qld, I'd like to do a few rounds of the ARC but I'm working towards getting CAMS approval , I really only need to upgrade to cams spec cage , but it's all $$ , I have been in contact with BRP Aus late last year about some support, they said they'd be in contact early this year when the race program was sorted for the year.??

·
Registered
112 Posts
I didn't think you where able to upgrade the clutch for ARC. I think I read they wanted to keep it as cheap as possible to attract more intranets

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea , makes sense why can am had DNF's last year.

Wonder if they pulled the polaris apart that won last year...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Keep me posted on when they update the secondary so I don't have to keep burping the throttle in order to keep it engaged in order to have an Engine Brake.... Just like having a Polaris all over again...
Good thing is.... it will scoot now...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep me posted on when they update the secondary so I don't have to keep burping the throttle in order to keep it engaged in order to have an Engine Brake.... Just like having a Polaris all over again...
Good thing is.... it will scoot now...
Hmm that will be interesting..

What component of the clutching effects the engine braking?

I won't get to give my review till next weekend , I have the machine partially torn down adding other accesories, ceramic coat exhaust etc.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hmm that will be interesting..

What component of the clutching effects the engine braking?

I won't get to give my review till next weekend , I have the machine partially torn down adding other accesories, ceramic coat exhaust etc.
Secondary....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice set up i want one just like that

·
Registered
150 Posts
STM is no where close to the stock Engine Braking...$1,400 it's engine braking is saaad...
I called stm... They told me.... Sorry that's how it's designed ...
It is an A$$ kicker... It will Scream ..
So....
If you want a clutch system that will pull it'll the cows come home & the engine braking like a Po Po ....
That's the one for you..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Engine braking is just extra stress heat and wear on the belt. Why not just use the brakes? A lot easier to replace.

Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
hotrodder, when you're at the maverick rally have someone there that has been there before and find you a steep mountain to come down. I've ridden where your going. You might have a different opinion afterwards. I have a qsc and stm gen1, hardly any engine braking what so ever. Might see what I have to do to run at the qsc primary and a stock secondary. hopefully engine braking will work.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Engine braking is just extra stress heat and wear on the belt. Why not just use the brakes? A lot easier to replace.
Sorry son but I live in the Steep & Deep... I need it... The brakes heat up & won't hold...
We need engine braking all the time... Come to WV and ride if your in the area... Love ta have ya..
Never had a problem with the Stock Engine Brake... It rocked ..

Reactions: sprinks542

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ill be there in June! I do like the stock engine braking but not at the expense of the belt. Not usually riding in that type of terrain, steep and deep you say lol. I can switch to an eb helix If I decide I want it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ill be there in June! I do like the stock engine braking but not at the expense of the belt. Not usually riding in that type of terrain, steep and deep you say lol. I can switch to an eb helix If I decide I want it.
Very nice...
I have ridden the Hatfield & McCoy trails...
We like riding on trails where there's less riders & attitudes Lol...
We go up in the woods camp out & ride... There's alot of riding in our area with no rulez :)...
There's places where you can ride then hit the restaurants,then Super-8 or another motel for the night...
We night ride too.. over 100 miles of trails to ride one with an old R/R tunnel to ride through...

Let me know if you want to join us sometime...

Reactions: kennylacy
1 - 20 of 52 Posts