Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my X3 back in late February and still no word from my dealer as to when it will arrive. Very disappointed.
How long have you been waiting for yours to arrive??

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Have you called your dealer? They should know the approximate delivery date. They get a certain amount of units for the year.

The dealer I got mine from knew the expected deliveries for every unit they have on order through the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you called your dealer? They should know the approximate delivery date. They get a certain amount of units for the year.

The dealer I got mine from knew the expected deliveries for every unit they have on order through the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Several times actually. Said he wont know until it shows up. I thought this was an odd reply. How could he not know?

·
Registered
2021 X3 Max XRS Turbo RR
51 Posts
I put a deposit down in February for a dealer ordered unit. Pick it up this Friday. Special order units or units that were not already ordered may be delayed. My dealer was able to tell me approximate ship date when I put deposit down, estimate was within a weeks time.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. With that type of customer service from that dealer, I would find a new dealer. He obviously isn't doing you any favors.

Reactions: aaronedmonton

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Several times actually. Said he wont know until it shows up. I thought this was an odd reply. How could he not know?
Was yours an order above their yearly allotment? Even then Can Am should give them an approximate delivery date.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I've seen it vary by dealers, some have a larger allocation and as well better communication with distribution.

Some are shysters and won't divulge in order to have the ability to sell at higher price to a different buyer so the waiting game continues until you're next on their particular selling list, that is unless they gave you a VIN#.

·
Premium Member
8,265 Posts
This sounds to me like he is selling whatever comes in to whomever he can then eventually will make a sale to you.

If he gives you a unit he then might lose a sale to whomever he can in the mean time.

You're in the hook so to speak a s he wants to hook more sales.

Tim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just my own theory, but I think it may be a combination of standard pandemic delays, combined with the flywheel issue. Would make sense that if they are already delayed, and perhaps on the verge of a flywheel recall, that they have calculated it better to delay shipments until resolving the flywheel issue, thinking it may be better to piss people off with only delays, rather than to piss people off with already delays then ship cars that are very problematic and degrade their perceived quality by consumers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
So, I ordered my Max XRS RR a month ago, no news on dates yet.
What is the flywheel issue? I did search and have some info. Like to know more before I laydown 40K!

·
Registered
193 Posts
So, I ordered my Max XRS RR a month ago, no news on dates yet.
What is the flywheel issue? I did search and have some info. Like to know more before I laydown 40K!
Not sure the exact thread, a search should find it, something about going into limp mode, lots of replies, maybe 3 pages. Flywheel didn't come up until the latest replies in recent days. Someone posted a pic of a metal tab that was visibly broken off/missing.

Something about a higher power output stator on the new models.

Don't feel too badly, last summer a friend of mine ordered a new Talon, didn't get it until late November.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not sure the exact thread, a search should find it, something about going into limp mode, lots of replies, maybe 3 pages. Flywheel didn't come up until the latest replies in recent days. Someone posted a pic of a metal tab that was visibly broken off/missing.

Something about a higher power output stator on the new models.

Don't feel too badly, last summer a friend of mine ordered a new Talon, didn't get it until late November.
Is that only the Smart Shox model with the stator issue?

·
Registered
2021 X3 DS Turbo R
14 Posts
I ordered my X3 back in late February and still no word from my dealer as to when it will arrive. Very disappointed.
How long have you been waiting for yours to arrive??
I am in the exact same situation as well. Dealer ordered, I left deposit February 20th, with a “May” delivery. Salesman said it could be any day in May, well June is here....I just talked to him an hour ago, and his system was now showing “June”.
If these flywheels are that large of an issue, and these machines are now being addressed prior to shipments, I am more than ok with that.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
If these machines have been on order for months and the expected delivery date is near or past, they should have a VIN to provide you once the shipping process started to dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are machines hitting the floors in So Cal. I didn't order ours, I just called around to several shops and asked what they had coming in and got one in two weeks! I know Coyne Motorsports in Banning had an XRS Turbo R coming in any day as of last friday last week if you're close? Some other shops I spoke to had other models either on their way or had some on their floor.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
There are machines hitting the floors in So Cal. I didn't order ours, I just called around to several shops and asked what they had coming in and got one in two weeks! I know Coyne Motorsports in Banning had an XRS Turbo R coming in any day as of last friday last week if you're close? Some other shops I spoke to had other models either on their way or had some on their floor.
They're sitting probably due to the fact that they are horrible dealers to try and deal with.

Reactions: aaronedmonton

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR with Smart-Shox
88 Posts
Damn! April 10th for me and just found out I'm picking it up either Fri or Sat, so exactly 2 months. That was at Nash

The problem if you have to start over is that everyone now requires you spend 5 to 10k in parts or they won't sell. I got in just before that, but wound up spending another $6k or so anyway

1 - 20 of 22 Posts