Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You may want to call Dragonfire. I saw a picture on their facebook with their Max with a roof. Not sure if they are releasing it yet or its a preproduction.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Helped my buddy install the UTV Inc roof on his Max and to be honest I wasn't to impressed. They failed to put a couple of bends in the rear corners to make it fit better like my 2 seater does. And it would be real nice if someone came out with a 1 piece instead of a 2 piece to keep you dry when it rains. My buddy found out when he washed the roof that the water runs right through the seam and drops all the water into the cockpit. Guess you could caulk it or something but a 1 piece would be better.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Helped my buddy install the UTV Inc roof on his Max and to be honest I wasn't to impressed. They failed to put a couple of bends in the rear corners to make it fit better like my 2 seater does. And it would be real nice if someone came out with a 1 piece instead of a 2 piece to keep you dry when it rains. My buddy found out when he washed the roof that the water runs right through the seam and drops all the water into the cockpit. Guess you could caulk it or something but a 1 piece would be better.
can you post up some pics of the corners and where the seam is...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its almost impossible to get a 1 piece for max from a supplier as the cost of shipping due to its length is out of line. this is for mass produced ones, not custom local builds. good toknow about the leak issue, helps me decide

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
can you post up some pics of the corners and where the seam is...
The seam is pretty much across the middle. Corners probably wouldn't show much in pictures but basically on the 4 seater the rear section is flat but on the 2 seater the corners have bends to follow the contour of the cage so it lays flat on the roof. The 4 seater doesn't lay flat there and has to be pulled down with the clamps which makes the roof bow a bit.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
its almost impossible to get a 1 piece for max from a supplier as the cost of shipping due to its length is out of line. this is for mass produced ones, not custom local builds. good toknow about the leak issue, helps me decide
I understand the shipping problem with something that long. But if it's a 2 piece I think something needs to be done to make them mate up as opposed to just having one lay over the other with a gap. The roof cost $400, I don't think it's asking to much to have the pieces mated together seamlessly.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
136 Posts
I tried to build one out of stainless image.jpg

The problem was the bends and the noise....could not get it to shut up. Finally ticked me off one day and I pulled it off and through a tarp over it until the Bimini showed up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK, so I contacted emp about a roof. then responded back. said they were interested in my max for researching a top. then I said sure im a few hours away, keep my max for a few weeks. lets work out a deal. but his boss said they don't have time right now and to take my number. DAMN!!!! I really wanted the first prototype roof from emp...... well now we wait

·
Vendor
1,767 Posts
I feel like i just saw a prototype roof from EMP or Turnkey for the max. It had a rubber seal between the 2 pieces and looked perfect for the Max. Ill see what i can find. - JT

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm sure there will be other colors available once they are for sale. They will not release a product until it is perfect..I personally really like this in a manufacturer. ..

Devious PowerSports, Tyler

1 - 19 of 19 Posts