Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks I’m new to the forum and new to owning a 2019 Can Am maverick sport 1000R dps. I’m a Canadian Forces veteran living my life from a wheelchair so I drive mine with hand controls and I find the pedal is so stiff on the maverick it’s really hard on my hand and arm, is there anyway to get the gas pedal/throttle less stiff ?. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
961 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a United States armed forces veteran !
Congrats on the new ride !

I know my pedal is pretty stiff ......That’s a good thing with all the bouncing around on rough terrain. I’m not sure it’s adjustable but maybe the issue is with the hand control linkage ? Needs a larger hand control / more of a fulcrum to offset the stiff pedal ? Did you talk to the person that did your install ?

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
95 Posts
I was able to find a stiffer spring for the gas pedal on my old RZR. Tusk as I recall. Maybe someone makes a softer spring?

·
Registered
146 Posts
If it is a choke cable type Yamaha use to make a tool that squeezed on one end of a clutch & brake cable so you could use the plastic tube of a spray can to lube the length of the cable. or as stated a softer spring good luck.

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,142 Posts
^^^ Not cable actuated but instead, throttle-by-wire mechanical assy in combo with TPS (throttle position sensor) within mating "box". Unsure how the OP rigged his hand control (or had it done) to that pedal/assy but normal mechanical advantage with weight of leg and foot is really needed to overcome the clearly large return spring within that assy. I tried operating the pedal with my hand which took a fair amount of force. Took this picture just now to illustrate (click for larger perspective)...

MavS throttle assy.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts