Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting the STI Vortex in a 27x14-14 but I want to put them on a 14x7 STI Beadlock rim

Anyone know if this will work or is the tire too wide?

Thanks

Dennis

·
Registered
221 Posts
It will work fine. but a wider foot print in sand is key.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Anyone actually run these V rolls on their Maverick yet? There's a ton of negative posted on the forum about this tire but looking for feedback from an actual user on the Maverick.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone actually run these V rolls on their Maverick yet? There's a ton of negative posted on the forum about this tire but looking for feedback from an actual user on the Maverick.
I talked to some guys at the Sand Sport super show last weekend and they said it was a great all around tire setup. durable yet functonal

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm looking at getting the STI Vortex in a 27x14-14 but I want to put them on a 14x7 STI Beadlock rim

Anyone know if this will work or is the tire too wide?

Thanks

Dennis
I thought you had the STU BLasters? you wanna sell them?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'll be running the sti v roll in 27x14 14's on Halloween in Glamis, they are huge! I hope that 101hp can turn em and keep me on top. I'll post a review after the trip. If anyone else is gonna be there maybe we can stage a side by side comparison.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'll be running the sti v roll in 27x14 14's on Halloween in Glamis, they are huge! I hope that 101hp can turn em and keep me on top. I'll post a review after the trip. If anyone else is gonna be there maybe we can stage a side by side comparison.
They are mounted on 14x7 wheels but 14x8 is recommended to take advantage of the width of the tire.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm planning on being out in Glamis that weekend Thursday- Sunday and most likely camping in the washes somewhere. Dont know what paddles I will have yet tho

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My friend has them on their 900XP & wildcat, they seem to work good for them. They are a heavy tire compared to the others & using a cast wheel is going to add more weight. I think it all depends what you want to do - If your just a rec rider not looking to be king of the hill you'll be just fine. The V-rolls are durable and I was looking hard at getting some but decided to go with skats instead.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm planning on being out in Glamis that weekend Thursday- Sunday and most likely camping in the washes somewhere. Dont know what paddles I will have yet tho
Same dates for me, I'll be at Gecko.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My friend has them on their 900XP & wildcat, they seem to work good for them. They are a heavy tire compared to the others & using a cast wheel is going to add more weight. I think it all depends what you want to do - If your just a rec rider not looking to be king of the hill you'll be just fine. The V-rolls are durable and I was looking hard at getting some but decided to go with skats instead.
Thanks for the info. I do just rec ride but I'll be running with a Xp1k a jagged X and another modded 900xp so I'm hoping these tires don't embarass me!

·
Registered
410 Posts
i would like to try them on the 14x7 and 14x9 sti spun aluminum wheels.
Me too, I'm looking for a set but no luck. Do you know who sells them? Other brands fine too.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i saw them at sidebysidestuff.com ,$1200 for wheels and tires.
Damn! I'll check that out, thanks. I've been calling around and all can find is omf Beadlocks and they are proud of those, I won't throw that kinda cash down for a wheel on a tire that I may not like.

Leaning towards running them on the 7's and if I hate them I'll pick up a set of 12" skats for next season. Although it's tough to gauge how good the tire is when you only have half the footprint in the sand.

·
Registered
410 Posts
they are selling the set with 14x7 fronts and 14x9 rears.
Found them, thanks. Ordering just the wheels on Monday from them, I need to see if they come in black. Will be sweet to run the footprint this tire was designed to put to the ground

1 - 18 of 18 Posts