Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running the STI HD3 wheels with 6+1 offset on there maverick XRS ? Im looking at getting the the gloss black ones and wanted to make sure there going to work, the offset should bring the tires in a bit so it will be a little narrower but I wanted to make sure it wont rub! I will be mounting 28 or 29 inch tires!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just bought a set of these 6+1 sti wheels. I have not mounted them yet as I just got them yesterday. But I don't see any issues. I can report back my findings soon. PM me and remind me to report!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
es, size does matter. Many off-road recreation areas and land management agencies currently limit vehicle width to 50 inches or less for some trail access. This can present a problem for many popular ATV/UTV owners looking to add some style to their ride.
STI has a solution with a new 14-in. HD3 “50-Inch Trail Legal” wheel alternative that utilizes a 6+1 offset to keep certain Polaris and Can-Am models within 50-inch allowable limits. This 6+1 STI HD3 is available in 14×7 sizes for the following applications:

• Polaris RZR 570/800
  • Polaris XP 550/850
  • Can-Am Outlander
  • Can-Am Commander
  • Can-Am Maverick
The new HD3 is the only aftermarket option that keeps these models close to OEM dimensions, providing plenty of clearance with most aftermarket tires and keeping them tucked under the fenders to maintain good mud and splash protection.
And best of all, this lightweight 8-spoke wheel is a real head-turner, featuring a durable Gloss Black finish with bright machined accents, topped with a tough gloss clear coat. Like all STI HD Alloy Series wheels, the surprisingly affordable HD3 comes with a lifetime structural warranty, thanks in large part to the HD3’s unique inner and outer heavy-duty wheel lip reinforcement. The HD3 is as strong as it is attractive, boasting load ratings of 1000 lb. for the 14-inch size. A matching HD logo wheel cap is included with every wheel.
STI HD3 50-Inch Trail Legal wheels are available at finer ATV/UTV dealers everywhere, through MTA Distributing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Are these the ones u went with I was going to see if they would also have them in all black too! IF u could post some pics up of your maverick when u mount them that would be much apprieciated! Also where did u buy your wheels?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think, they only come in the black/machined finish with that offset (6+1).
I dealt with Devious Powersports. awesome people to work with!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just bought a set of these 6+1 sti wheels. I have not mounted them yet as I just got them yesterday. But I don't see any issues. I can report back my findings soon. PM me and remind me to report!
How did those wheels work ? Are u close to stock ? Any rubbing issues? What size tire u running?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have them mounted on 30x10x14 bighorns and I am 66" wide now. they are really closer to being a 5+2 offset

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi i was going to buy the same wheels, the seller told me i would stay at 64'' with that set of wheels whit 30x10x14 itp blackwater, well i guess not :(

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have them with ITP Evolutions 28x9x14 front and 28x10x14 rear.
As mentioned they are close to 5+2, however they work fine for me, no rubbing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
here in canada, quebec they pass a law for the side x side and the maximum they accept is 64'' more then that it's ticket or you turn around and go home.
So i guss i will have to stay with the 12'' oem rims or 14'' oem bead lock rims but there is not alot of deals around here people ask big bucks for theme.

thanks for the input i was about to order tomorow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts