Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a base Mav and want to replace my golf cart style steering wheel.... What are the options out there? Is there a specific bolt pattern I need to look for?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Easy one- Dragonfire- get the suede it is unreal.

I installed mine the other day. You just need the steering wheel not the quick disconnect. It's a 6 bolt pattern.

Reactions: Hyfr

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Call Justin direct at Dragonfire. I am not sure how the base steering wheel attaches but the XRS already has the same 6 screws you see in the photo. I just removed the screws, swapped steering wheels, and replaced the screws. It was literally a 2 minute job.

Pop open your steering wheel as long as you have those same 6 screws your good.... You may also want to order the XRS steering wheel center cap. I just popped it out of my stock steering wheel and it fit perfect. The Dragonfire steering wheel doesn't have a centercap.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
This sounds idiotic, but this is one of my favorite mods so far. It completely changes the "driving experience"!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just popped off the cover on my wheel. It is not a 6 lug style wheel. There is a single spline with a nut on it........

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You may do a little digging on the can-am parts website and find it maybe really cheap to buy can-ams "adapter" they use for the xrs wheel then you can just order the wheel.

It is the Shallow, sport wheel, suede.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Any grant wheel has the same bolt pattern as well.. Pretty much any wheel out there uses this 6 bolt pattern

·
Banned
546 Posts
I have a brand new wheel Id sell yah.. I can post pics later if your interested

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, I want the quick release setup as well.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I got the quick release from dragon fire. Just bought the adapters, no steering wheel though. tightening the bolt back on to the spline will be a task as I modified a deepwell socket by slowly grinding down the end until it fit over the nut.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they sell the XRS wheel on ebay new for 149 shipped

1 - 20 of 24 Posts