Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there break a steering rack yet?
I was looking at mine and noticed there seems to be some play in the rack shaft on the drivers side when rocking the steering back and forth. Seems like there should be a bushing where the shaft leaves the housing but there is not. I am running a lift and 34's so I suppose it is a possibility I have damaged it.

Anyone try a rackzilla yet?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
gear one is making one now

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I broke my steering rack last weekend. I'd like to hold off for the gearone bug we'll miss too many races so I have to go with the wicked built.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I had a wicked built on my Commander. I never had any issues with it. My rack is still tight on the Maverick so ill try to wait out the gear one.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to try the rackzilla. There already seems to be play in mine, so I can only imagine it will be a short period of time until complete failure. Between the tires, lift, power steering, HD tie rods and QE diff my steering rack is seeing a lot of stress.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
The nice thing about Rackzilla is they offer a quick steer rack which is a 1.5:1 ratio. If you ride in the woods it would be a great improvement. I should have my rackzilla quick steer rack here by the end of the week.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a wicked built on my Commander. I never had any issues with it. My rack is still tight on the Maverick so ill try to wait out the gear one.
Was the stock steering shaft spline the same as the rackzilla? Just wondering if I am going to have to mod my ez steer shaft to fit onto the rack. Contacted wicked built and did not really get a clear answer.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Was the stock steering shaft spline the same as the rackzilla? Just wondering if I am going to have to mod my ez steer shaft to fit onto the rack. Contacted wicked built and did not really get a clear answer.
Most likely yes, I know that with my wicked built PS I have to change the shaft on it to make it work with the rack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts