Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating getting a steering quickener for my maverick xxc. Can such units be installed on the xxc? or would there be issue / conflict with power steering?
Pro & Con of using a steering quickener?
Are they reliable units?
Which brand would you suggest purchasing?
and last, where is the best place to install it on the maverick?

Thank you much.

Benoit

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Rackzilla is a 1.5:1 quick steer rack. I have one in mine. If you wanted to do a steering quickener it's not difficult but a little fab work is needed.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Its not better or worse. The rackzilla is a slightly stronger than stock rack so you can gain a little strength for a $500 rack. A quickener itself is just a inline gear that speeds up or slows down the turning. My new rack will have a 2:1 in it but a 1.5:1 would be great for a recreational vehicle.
The deciding factory would be installation of the two. The rack will bolt in with a little work for about $500 and a quickener would only be $100 but would require some cutting and welding to install it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a super ATV power steering unit with a 2:1 steering quickener. It works great. I race XC. Anyone that races GNCC or XC uses them. You wouldn't believe how much faster you can drive the car with one. My friend has been racing dirt cars his whole life a swears by them and assures me they won't break. I use a Coleman one. I haven't tried any of the rackzilla components. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Personally I would go with the Rackzilla for two reasons. 1) Its stronger than the OEM that will fail quicker. and 2) adding a steering quicker just adds another gear box to ware out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts