Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 OG maverick, my steering it really loose, like 1/8 of a turn before wheel input. Suggestions?
Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Premium Member
8,132 Posts
Wore the eff out rack?, loose connection to steering rack?, toe rods loose?

more info needed.

have someone move steering wheel back and forth hold you hand on all joints and find the loose ones and replace.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wore the eff out rack?, loose connection to steering rack?, toe rods loose?

more info needed.

have someone move steering wheel back and forth hold you hand on all joints and find the loose ones and replace.
Thanks, I'll start there, I was just making sure there wasn't a common failure point in the front end. This was helpful even though I didn't give a whole bunch of information.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, I'll start there, I was just making sure there wasn't a common failure point in the front end. This was helpful even though I didn't give a whole bunch of information.
After checking those things, like the tie rod ends and their bolts, if it turns out the box has a bunch of play you can send it in to Super Dave for a rebuild. The stock box components are not the best. Mine had a lot of play and when I pulled it out it was filled with rust and the bushings were shot. Super Dave rebuilds them with better components and it was pretty affordable. It's a pretty common failure point on the OGs.

·
Premium Member
8,132 Posts
After checking those things, like the tie rod ends and their bolts, if it turns out the box has a bunch of play you can send it in to Super Dave for a rebuild. The stock box components are not the best. Mine had a lot of play and when I pulled it out it was filled with rust and the bushings were shot. Super Dave rebuilds them with better components and it was pretty affordable. It's a pretty common failure point on the OGs.
rumor is Super Dave stopped rebuilding racks

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I narrowed it down to tie rod ends that are worn. I'm replacing them this weekend, thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts