Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make steel beadlock wheels for UTV's? I have looked all over for them but no luck.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
View attachment 107561

I found these from Great Lake where you can make your own if you can weld or know a welder. These are 15" or bigger but I seen a place in the UK that sells kits for 14".

Aluminium Beadlock Kit 14" (Fitted) - BeadLock Kits - Parts & Components
Lots of companies make those kits, BUT they are for steel wheels and the OEM wheels are aluminum.

On a side note i had some made for my Teryx4 (oem steel wheels) a few years ago and it worked out really well.

IMG_3771.JPG

IMG_3781.JPG

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Does anyone make a cheapO' steel wheel for the Maverick in a 15"? I seen the factory 14" around but 15" is tough to find. I like the ITP Deltas but again I think they only offer them in 14".

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Does anyone make a cheapO' steel wheel for the Maverick in a 15"? I seen the factory 14" around but 15" is tough to find. I like the ITP Deltas but again I think they only offer them in 14".
Quit being cheap. You can find wheels for $100. These cars are not trailers where you can buy a wheel for $52. Well i guess you could buy 4 trailer wheels and then have some wheel adapters made to go from canam to trailer. But then you will be over you cheap ass budget by a lot.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Quit being cheap. You can find wheels for $100. These cars are not trailers where you can buy a wheel for $52. Well i guess you could buy 4 trailer wheels and then have some wheel adapters made to go from canam to trailer. But then you will be over you cheap ass budget by a lot.
Trailer wheels eh... Maybe. I just want Cheap crap to throw on to run up and Down the road with some old car tires I have then throw the actual UTV tires on when going on a trail run. 60% of my riding is driving to another buddies cottage and it's mostly on pavement and I I'd rather run road tires if possible. And no, I'm not cheap. I'd spend that money in a heartbeat but I'd rather put it towards something cool like a Bluetooth soundbar or in car communication system.
Cheap 15" steelies would do the trick I think.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd like to find some cheap 15" wheels as well, to put studded snow tires on in the winter. No need for mud tires when the mud is frozen solid, but studded tires would be a boon around here, where the trails are frequently covered in ice (as I'm sure MacLean can vouch for). Some of those Avalanche snow tires with studs would be beastly from November through March...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Yeah, I have a set of Big Horn 2.0's I hammered with studs for the ice. The Big Horns aren't good for much else so why not.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was mainly looking for durability. We ride a lot of creek beds and it’s just a matter of time before someone breaks or puts a hole in a factory aluminum wheel.

I have used the weld on bead locks in the past, they work very well for what they are. Everyone around here ran them on their Jeeps when Rock Crawling was in.

They aren’t trailer wheels but you actually can purchase a 14” Delta steel wheel (non-bead lock) for Can-Am from $48 on up.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I was mainly looking for durability. We ride a lot of creek beds and it’s just a matter of time before someone breaks or puts a hole in a factory aluminum wheel.

I have used the weld on bead locks in the past, they work very well for what they are. Everyone around here ran them on their Jeeps when Rock Crawling was in.

They aren’t trailer wheels but you actually can purchase a 14” Delta steel wheel (non-bead lock) for Can-Am from $48 on up.

Interesting, but i only found 12x7 wheels. Maybe my google searching aint no good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts