Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 X3RS caged bumpers spare on board air fresh air car to car coms BFG 32 1 1/4 3/4 hime links
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I bought my 2019 XRS new it start in any gear without brake applied overridden in the ECU. I saw someone mentioning why this might have been done any help .

·
Registered
2019 X3RS caged bumpers spare on board air fresh air car to car coms BFG 32 1 1/4 3/4 hime links
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Factory plugs unmolested. I forgot to mention it also starts in any gear without brake applied .

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Factory plugs unmolested. I forgot to mention it also starts in any gear without brake applied .
So, not the Seatbelt... Just that it starts in any gear.

Evo Calls that "Race start". I have it with my tune. Lets me be lazy and just hit the start button even if I'm not in the car.

·
Premium Member
16,099 Posts
Never heard of that stock? With a tune, yes no problem.

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, thought it was strange straight out of the gate.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Something really strange, it's a 19 and your just posting this?

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's right I never gave it much thought. Seems odd the ECU was configured that way.Just came to mind thought i would see if anyone else on here had one come that way.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 18 has been like that since I got it.... runs fine doesn't bother me.... I prefer it I always put in park/ neutral. But never press brake to start... because I don't have to... ha

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
My 18 has been like that since I got it.... runs fine doesn't bother me.... I prefer it I always put in park/ neutral. But never press brake to start... because I don't have to... ha
Yes in park or neutral you can start it without pressing on the brake..

Have you tried starting it in gear??
Without a tune?
The OP said he could

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
gear shiftier indicator not working should throw a code
someone has flashed the ecu
probably the dealer

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gear shiftier indicator not working should throw a code
someone has flashed the ecu
probably the dealer
At first I thought the latter never said anything to the dealer thinking i got something I shouldn't have. No complaints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts