Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Ive owned 4 Hondas, 1 Yamaha, 1 arctic cat and 2 Kawies and have never came across so many stupid problems on any of them.
First off Im scared to ride alone bc Im waiting for the clutch to explode.. complete bs!
(2) kept getting water in belt, Thought it was going down the belt exhaust but I didn't think I was in deep enough. took the cover off to clean and wrap exhaust. 3 inches of the seal was leaking. right beside the belt exhaust on the cover, and now I also think the bushing in the primary or wore from the mud that got inside. Any idea what the clearances need to be?
(3) went to take off exhaust. One of the Alan heads were already rounded out because someone had a hard time getting good bite on it putting it on. had to take it off with channel locks.
(4) HORRIBLE rear diff oil change... I used to be a mechanic at a Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki dealership, sooo im mechanically inclined but that diff oil change it worth complaining about!
(5) got an oil leak on the bottom of the motor. Cant see it and no its not coming out of the drain plug. And it definitely motor oil.

I took the clutches off, put red locktite on them and used and impact to tighten them back down. Should I feel safe? Or atleast a little bit?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
no don't use loc tite on primary it acts like a lube with all the heat and no good , on the other clutch bolt its ok ,

also get airdams arp bolts , then u will be set

I wouldn't worry about the clutch exploding ,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ill take it back out and do some cleaning! After all I have been reading about him being hard to get in touch with whats the best way to get my hands on the bolts?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
im not sure who else has them maybe kris from cold blooded performance ! hes the other clutch guy !

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just pm ///AIRDAM. He will get back with you.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If you took the primary bolt out, then you saw how its been cut down to make it weaker. I wouldn't reuse that original bolt.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'd email Kris @ coldblooded performance.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
#4 : I cut down a 5mm allen and put a little piece into a 3/16 socket, used a tiny 1/4 stubby wrachet and it worked fine. yes it could be easier but where there is a will...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Kris is out of town for vacation so he may not get right back w y'all. But knowing him I'm sure he will find time to do the forum and fb thing haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts