Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

281 - 295 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi Mogulmasher,
my Name ist Toby from Germany and i have the hot start problem with my xds Turbo Sinne Day One i bought ist in 2015. i replaced several batteries but it is absolute frustrating. My Dealer is Not able to fix it Until today. When i Unterstand u right unreplaced the starter Right? Please if anybody knows a Solution for that issue,please let me know. My Mav let me down several times in the Place of nowhere and that is not really fun. For some mistakes in Gram or english i´m really sorry! My school english is 20 year ago 🙈.
best regards
Toby
welcome to the forum !.....Ive lived in Frankfurt, Mainz and Wiesbaden. Is it starting slow or not starting ? People complain that I takes a couple extra seconds when hot.....no big deal......my has done that hundreds of times and starts up after a few slow seconds.....zero problems except for waiting two seconds.....sounds like yours didn't start several times, is that correct . Did it start after letting it cool or were you towed back ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
welcome to the forum !.....Ive lived in Frankfurt, Mainz and Wiesbaden. Is it starting slow or not starting ? People complain that I takes a couple extra seconds when hot.....no big deal......my has done that hundreds of times and starts up after a few slow seconds.....zero problems except for waiting two seconds.....sounds like yours didn't start several times, is that correct . Did it start after letting it cool or were you towed back ?
thanks for the warm welcome and the fast reply. i live 4 Hours away from Frankfurt More in the middle near Hannover ...When the mav is hot it sounds like a dying batterie. Sometimes it work’s but sometimes the battery is done after trying to start and I need to be towed home. my experience is when I let cool down the engine for one hour or so it starts without any issue, but if I just want to fill up the gas at the gas station it’s getting to an nightmare...will it start or not? I’m everytime afraid that it won’t start again. I replaced 3 batteries without any success. Don’t know what to do anymore. And can am....man the say that they don’t know Anything about that problem.....and than i found you guys here . I’m pretty sure that I’m not the only one on this planet with that problem.🤔🤔
will a lithium ion battery solve that problem perhaps?
im thankful for a tip! Best regards Toby.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The 2015-2016 turbos start over slowly when hot......I put an odyssey pc680 battery in mine......excellent battery compared to stock, you can also put a full size car battery in the front......buy a small jump box as back up and you wont have to worry

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks for the warm welcome and the fast reply. i live 4 Hours away from Frankfurt More in the middle near Hannover ...When the mav is hot it sounds like a dying batterie. Sometimes it work’s but sometimes the battery is done after trying to start and I need to be towed home. my experience is when I let cool down the engine for one hour or so it starts without any issue, but if I just want to fill up the gas at the gas station it’s getting to an nightmare...will it start or not? I’m everytime afraid that it won’t start again. I replaced 3 batteries without any success. Don’t know what to do anymore. And can am....man the say that they don’t know Anything about that problem.....and than i found you guys here . I’m pretty sure that I’m not the only one on this planet with that problem.🤔🤔
will a lithium ion battery solve that problem perhaps?
im thankful for a tip! Best regards Toby.
Is the battery area getting wet

·
Registered
349 Posts
Is the battery area getting wet
that has nothing to do with the issue......they start the same way on that model dry or completely underwater

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 2015-2016 turbos start over slowly when hot......I put an odyssey pc680 battery in mine......excellent battery compared to stock, you can also put a full size car battery in the front......buy a small jump box as back up and you wont have to worry
Hmm I think I have seen a conversion kit on ebay us for full-size car battery.
Do you know the reason it cranks that slow? Is it high compress when the. Engine is hot?

·
Registered
349 Posts
No never it is stored in the garage and never driven in rain.
lol !! its not an antique car you’re trying to protect ! You can get it wet :). I drive through streams , small rivers , mud boggs and rain.....I’ve had the battery under water many times .......bet yours looks newer than mine !

·
Registered
7 Posts
lol !! its not an antique car you’re trying to protect ! You can get it wet :). I drive through streams , small rivers , mud boggs and rain.....I’ve had the battery under water many times .......bet yours looks newer than mine !
And do you also have that starting problems when it's hot??
I now solved that problem properly 💪💪.
I sold it last week and bought an RMZ- 450😂😂😂.
No starting problems anymore😉

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hmm I think I have seen a conversion kit on ebay us for full-size car battery.
Do you know the reason it cranks that slow? Is it high compress when the. Engine is hot?
several companies make a battery tray that fits under the hood for a full size battery , people also put a large odyssey pc1200 under the drivers seat .
As far as the exact reason it turns over slowly when hot ? Million dollar question !! I think we al have varying degrees of slow start ........when mine is hot it starts slower by 2-3 seconds and turns over slower, it sounds noticeable but starts 100% of the time .......I think the slower sound and extra couple seconds freaks people out .

I would assume it’s heat soak , maybe the cylinders and pistons are expanded ??? Maybe not ......I’ve always carried a small battery jumper so I’ve never cared since it always starts .....slow or fast

·
Registered
7 Posts
several companies make a battery tray that fits under the hood for a full size battery , people also put a large odyssey pc1200 under the drivers seat .
As far as the exact reason it turns over slowly when hot ? Million dollar question !! I think we al have varying degrees of slow start ........when mine is hot it starts slower by 2-3 seconds and turns over slower, it sounds noticeable but starts 100% of the time .......I think the slower sound and extra couple seconds freaks people out .

I would assume it’s heat soak , maybe the cylinders and pistons are expanded ??? Maybe not ......I’ve always carried a small battery jumper so I’ve never cared since it always starts .....slow or fast
Yes I agree. The last time I always carried a jumpstarter with me when I went out into the woods . It was always a better feeling...mines turned over slowly and then died...that was a pretty good feeling in the middle of nowhere 😂😂

·
Registered
349 Posts
And do you also have that starting problems when it's hot??
I now solved that problem properly 💪💪.
I sold it last week and bought an RMZ- 450😂😂😂.
No starting problems anymore😉
I personally don’t call it a problem , they all seem to turn over slower , more sluggish and a second or two longer when hot .......it’s part of how she runs .....I do have an odyssey battery and it has more cranking amps than factory but mine starts every time after a slight hesitation while hot .......for me it is a nine issue and I would not call it a problem .....just a quirk ......it’s not like it tries to start for 15 or 30 seconds it’s and extra 2-3

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes I agree. The last time I always carried a jumpstarter with me when I went out into the woods . It was always a better feeling...mines turned over slowly and then died...that was a pretty good feeling in the middle of nowhere 😂😂
My factory battery died on top of Windrock mountain at night !! I told my group I’d be right behind them , they went back down , I went to crank mine and the battery was done .......tiny little jump box the size of two cell phone cranks it right up and kept me from sleeping on a mountain top ! The odyssey has been a great battery

·
Registered
7 Posts
I personally don’t call it a problem , they all seem to turn over slower , more sluggish and a second or two longer when hot .......it’s part of how she runs .....I do have an odyssey battery and it has more cranking amps than factory but mine starts every time after a slight hesitation while hot .......for me it is a nine issue and I would not call it a problem .....just a quirk ......it’s not like it tries to start for 15 or 30 seconds it’s and extra 2-3
Yes exactly, I think quirk is the perfect description for that. Nevertheless I racked my brain where the mistake could be. I was thinking about changing valve clearance when the engine is hot.

281 - 295 of 295 Posts