Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, im a long time reader first time writer! And from New Zealand. Thanks for all your great tips. I have a 2018 X3rs... Im using Evo Powersports kit... I have the Captains exhaust. The Vflow intake. And have just upgraded to the Stage 3R tune. However my tune agent in NZ is saying i dont need to change the wastegate pressure for this tune. Its currently set at 6 pounds. But evo powersports are saying it needs to be lifted to 8 pounds. I thought the standard wastegate couldn't go that high!? What do you all think? 6, 7 or 8 pounds? Please tell me the standard 6 pounds is sweet. Despite having the tune in, im yet to test!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Go to 8

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
My 2018 stock waste gate is set at 10psi for my e85 tune. You need a small hand pump with a gauge to set it ,you should be able to find it on you tube.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
stock waist gate will go to 12 psi crack

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
8 psi and did you re-gap your plugs?
THIS!!! If you don't re-gap, you're just asking for trouble down the line. Misfires, possibly limp modes, crappy running car.

·
Registered
895 Posts
this!!! If you don't re-gap, you're just asking for trouble down the line. Misfires, possibly limp modes, crappy running car.
odd, i have no issues on evo stage 3r, plugs have 3700 miles on them and using stock gap...mine has been fine

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
odd, i have no issues on evo stage 3r, plugs have 3700 miles on them and using stock gap...mine has been fine
Consider yourself lucky, IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
So what do you re-gap your plugs to? Evo did not say anything about this when i installed my 3R tune
Are you sure about that? The instructions I received showed that you needed to open the waste gate to 8psi, and re-gap the plugs to .20. If you watch the SXS Blog guys they even said that they didn't do what EVO recommended, and re-gap the plugs, and that's why their car ran like crap, and was misfiring.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would re-check the gap anyways, mine was fine for a while then had to re-gap with some sputtering happening under load.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
to go to 3r you need full exhaust vs 2r you don't, so you will gain some noise but also lower your engine temps and heat around the engine area as a bonus as the stock muffler is a hot tamale. If you also do the intake when you go to 3r you will notice the most gains.

as always do you need the power for the type of riding you do? Then you know the answer

·
Registered
25 Posts
to go to 3r you need full exhaust vs 2r you don't, so you will gain some noise but also lower your engine temps and heat around the engine area as a bonus as the stock muffler is a hot tamale. If you also do the intake when you go to 3r you will notice the most gains.

as always do you need the power for the type of riding you do? Then you know the answer

Big jump from the 2r to 3r!

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Big jump from the 2r to 3r!
I know, I have tuned (10) of them myself. I know a lot about all of them through the x-85 tune to include clutching adjustments

That said, some guys I have set up with 2 are more then happy because to get another 6hp you have to spend $1k and machine isn’t as quiet. This is a big deal for the trail guys that say it is important to keep DB’s at a Minimum to avoid un wanted attention.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts