Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide on which one to use. The sub will be a 10" with a 300 watt Memphis audio amp. Amp will be located in a Audioformz roof with 4 Polk 6.5 speakers driven by another Memphis audio amp. The trunk I have is the 32 gallon premier BRP trunk.

I have never seen the SSV in person. How much room does it take up? Seems that the fiberglass is pretty thin so flex would be a problem. I guess I could line with dynomat or sometign similar.

Anyone with the SSV installed care to share your experience and pictures?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! Do you ride with a passenger? I'm curious as to how much it will vibrate (hammer) the passenger and if the thump of the bass would interfere with a passengers comfort on rides. My wife would be my passenger. I'm pretty certain that if I built a box in the trunk I would get the thump but not the vibes on passenger. The trade off is more air space for sub and pre-made enclosure vs the trunk and not hammering the passenger but losing trunk space!
Quite a quandary!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks! Do you ride with a passenger? I'm curious as to how much it will vibrate (hammer) the passenger and if the thump of the bass would interfere with a passengers comfort on rides. My wife would be my passenger. I'm pretty certain that if I built a box in the trunk I would get the thump but not the vibes on passenger. The trade off is more air space for sub and pre-made enclosure vs the trunk and not hammering the passenger but losing trunk space!
Quite a quandary!
Yes, my wife is always with me in my Max. No vibration or rattling anywhere, even when still. Works great and it's really tucked up out of the way more than the picture shows.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just ordered the box alone for 239. Sidebysidesports

1 - 7 of 7 Posts