Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a stereo wondering what the best is ssv? And if so which set up I would like the roof and front speakers and sub or audioformz roof? What do you guys have and what speakers did you go with. Thanks

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I cant speak for the audiformz but ssv the overhead compared to the fronts with subs are two different animals. I have the overhead in my ranger xp800 and it is loud and sounds good. When i talked to ssv they told me that the fronts with sub is even louder. If you want to hear it real good while riding the front component system is best. To get the loud power out of it you really have to run a seperate amp. Now dont get me wrong the overhead i have you can def hear riding down the trail. I plan on getting the component system with wakeboard speakers so i hope i like it. Hit up jonyb on here he has a nice set up and is a wet sounds dealer he can help you out on which to get also.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Check out SidexSide audio on Facebook. Great sounding stuff and great guy to work with. He can ship it also. Here is my setup. 4 6 1/2" powerbass marine grade 300 watt amp and Bluetooth. Can hear it easily over the engine and aftermarket exhaust I'm running.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought the SSV components bare (no speakers) and loaded them with exactly what I wanted, which was fosgate coaxes, JL sub, JL amp. Mines a max, so I also added JL coaxes for the rear.

I had the SSV overhead in my RZR and it's more than adequate for most people, but I'm sure it doesn't compare to the audioformz for an overhead system. However, my advice as an audio engineer and designer....For best sound the speakers should create a soundstage in FRONT of you not above or behind you. That being said good sound and bad sound is very subjective and many people are happy with the sound quality of their systems just because it's theirs, and it should be about whatever makes you happy.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I bought the SSV components bare (no speakers) and loaded them with exactly what I wanted, which was fosgate coaxes, JL sub, JL amp. Mines a max, so I also added JL coaxes for the rear.

I had the SSV overhead in my RZR and it's more than adequate for most people, but I'm sure it doesn't compare to the audioformz for an overhead system. However, my advice as an audio engineer and designer....For best sound the speakers should create a soundstage in FRONT of you not above or behind you. That being said good sound and bad sound is very subjective and many people are happy with the sound quality of their systems just because it's theirs, and it should be about whatever makes you happy.
So how do you like the component system? Is it quite a bit louder than the overhead system? Im sure the clarity is better also. I havent installed mine yet. Just curious as what to expect. Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
No comparison really if you load it with good products. Use clarion and it'll sound like crap, use god stuff and it'll sound better than a sxs should ever sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
No comparison really if you load it with good products. Use clarion and it'll sound like crap, use god stuff and it'll sound better than a sxs should ever sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol ya no clarion here. Cool thanks for the help. I'm going to run rockford fosgate wake tower speakers for the rear along with the fron components and sub.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im going to go with the 4 roof speakers from ssv and the front 2 with sub. See how I like it if I don't then I can always toss the speakers and throw something else in. Good customer service and 10% off can't beat that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts