Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, as most of you know the inside of my rims got scratched up from rocks and the mud deals. I THOUGHT that was the source of the squealing. It isn't. I cleaned off the mav after yesterday's outing...and when I went to put it in the trailer today it was still squealing. It sounds like it's coming out of the axles or rear diff? Can't pin it down. Any ideas? If I bring it in to get checked out and they find nothing, I assume I get hit with a service charge. I suppose it could use the 10 hour service, and they change that fluid right? Bout as good a reason as any to take it in. But I'd like an idea if anyone has had this issue before. Help? =)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The shocks Have spherical bearings in the ends of them. From the factory they have no grease in them, so you have to pull all the shocks off, and then stuff some grease in there. At least that's what I did to mine. And the rzr folks have been doing that to there's for a couple of years. Just push down and lift up on the front and rear to see if that's where it squeaks.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's a good idea but curious if the grease attracts more dirt and then causes increased wear?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I'm with the other posts...brakes or shocks would be my guess. I cleaned the brakes with brake cleen, and greased top and bottom of my shocks. No squeaks or squeals here.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, was goofing off on YouTube and found a video that sounds like my squealing does. Hearing it this clearly I assume it's the damn belt and there's nothing I can do about it? Do you guys agree it's the belt?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just take off your belt and clean it and all the clutch sheaves. Mine did the same thing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You probably dont have to take the belt off, it will disintegrate very soon, At least thats what mine did after it was squeeking like that. I had done some slow trail riding in Hi range the day before and the biggest piece was about two inches long. Change the belt and clean the rubber off the sheaves.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Mine did the Same thing after the 1st ride. I assumed I glazed the belt (I hammered down right off the git go). It did go away after a couple rides. I ran about 750 miles on that belt befor it blew.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts