Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my suspension is really squeaky and I was hoping to get some idea what to try. I tried greasing the front end and spraying silicone spray on the shock bushings but neither has helped. Any other ideas? Here’s a video... thanks

Squeaky x3 video

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Shocks, they all do it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your brakes are gonna squeak like a mother trucker to! Once your out on a dusty ride for awhile the whole car is gonna get squeaky!

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Really? Mine seems really loud!
They're all like that. Easiest fix is to ride with either a helmet with ear speakers, or headsets. Have the music on, you won't hear it anymore.

Reactions: Depdog

·
Registered
167 Posts
Really? Mine seems really loud!
windshield? I found mine was my doors and my windshield seal had dirt in it. Thought I had a couple mice in there arguing lol.. pressure washer pushes dirt in places it won't get on it's own...

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
My passenger door latch squeaked awful bad and it went on too long because I was sure it was in the back suspension somewhere. I carry a small can of WD40 w/ me these days.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Pull the shocks and lube the bushings as described in the manual. It will go away for a few washes.

Reactions: New XRS Guy

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Mine doesn't squeak at all haven't heard a squeak in over 7 mos, but , haven't had the car out since last nov. when we did the peace trail, been doing up grades since the commi’s closed our deserts to riding because you know out in the desert you might get farther than 6’ away from somebody and thats not acceptable , you need to be standing on the x at home depot to be safe

·
Registered
78 Posts
My car was squeaking real bad in the rear took me a while to figure out what it was. I ended up putting new FK heims in my ZRP radius rods it changed everything....way quieter ride now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I’ll try a few more things and if nothing works I’ll just deal with it

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2020 XMR Started to squeak after a few uses/washes as well. Got some BRP suspension grease, loosened front a-arm bolts and made sure it got pushed out at more than 1 spot, tightened down and front is whisper quiet now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts