Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 maverick with fox shocks and the front end is about to drive me nuts has anybody run in to this problem these are the shocks I have

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pull out shocks and check swivel bushings. Usually seized. Take them apart and lubricate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely will try that I have been doin a lot of reading trying to find out what other people have run into and I seen where some one said change the o-rings

·
Premium Member
10,014 Posts
Basically all front shocks squeak on every model, even the X3s. You can wear headsets or helmets with speakers and turn up the volume.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
It’s an off road machine that’s almost 8 years old. They make noise . Lubricate and ride . Your not gonna fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having the same issue. Is it only the upper and lower shock mounting locations that need to be checked and lubed? What did you use to lubricate them with? Are there any manufactures out there that produce a better longer lasting non squeaky alternative? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
10,014 Posts
Having the same issue. Is it only the upper and lower shock mounting locations that need to be checked and lubed? What did you use to lubricate them with? Are there any manufactures out there that produce a better longer lasting non squeaky alternative? Thanks!!
No matter what you try, or what you do, the squeaking will always return. It's the nature of the beast. It's an off road machine, not a Benz. And I can say that because I've tried everything, LOL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled my front shocks off and sure enough the swivel bushes where frozen so I took the rubber o’ring out and speared some wd-40 in the worked the bushings around and then repacked them with greases put them back in and no more squeaking

1 - 9 of 9 Posts