Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General consensus seems to be the stock shock springs are a little on the el cheapo side.....Is there any advantage to replacing them with a good set of Eibachs, or something? Or do you not net enough to make it worth it?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
racer tech or alex at CT racing can fix u up

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for. If you have issues with the springs or suspension I can get you new springs. The stock springs literally where purchased for less than $10 a spring so the quality isn't too good.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depends on what you're looking for. If you have issues with the springs or suspension I can get you new springs. The stock springs literally where purchased for less than $10 a spring so the quality isn't too good.
Thanks Alex.....really all I was going for was just a better quality spring that will hold up better and maybe ride a little better. Ultimately, my shocks will go to you for a re-valve, but if there's any value in a better spring, them Im for that too. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you really want to improve the ride for as cheep as possible swap your front springs and rear springs, IE put front springs in the rear and rear spring in the front, don't swap the shock bodies just the springs. I always noticed that the front end would dip under hard braking and turning and fought with the widely know back end bucking. So when i was replacing the worn out factory orings on the spherical bearings I swapped the spring just to test it out, its free right, and i really like the new ride. I am sure people will argue with me and that's great the more people being open about what they have done and how its works the better. If you are like me and spent your small fortune on the maverick and don't have money left over, the spring swap is your best bet. I have a 2014 xrs and the podium 2.5 so i am not if the swap will work on 2.0. It is important to note that I have a winch, bumper and lights hanging off the front making the front end a bit heavy. Also from what i can tell the stock rear springs are around 207lb and the fronts are around 175lb, switching them out made a huge difference for me, you will notice your rebound and dampening adjusters actually start working.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you really want to improve the ride for as cheep as possible swap your front springs and rear springs, IE put front springs in the rear and rear spring in the front, don't swap the shock bodies just the springs. I always noticed that the front end would dip under hard braking and turning and fought with the widely know back end bucking. So when i was replacing the worn out factory orings on the spherical bearings I swapped the spring just to test it out, its free right, and i really like the new ride. I am sure people will argue with me and that's great the more people being open about what they have done and how its works the better. If you are like me and spent your small fortune on the maverick and don't have money left over, the spring swap is your best bet. I have a 2014 xrs and the podium 2.5 so i am not if the swap will work on 2.0. It is important to note that I have a winch, bumper and lights hanging off the front making the front end a bit heavy. Also from what i can tell the stock rear springs are around 207lb and the fronts are around 175lb, switching them out made a huge difference for me, you will notice your rebound and dampening adjusters actually start working.
Interesting idea. Anybody else try this?

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you want stiffer springs, I have stock XDS Max springs taking up space in my garage.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you want to go cheap, contact racertech... tell them what you are doing.. and they will send you a set of dual rate springs... cost is around $600. I did it... it makes a HUGE difference, especially the dual rate aspect.

I plan to send them to Alex at CT and have the full $1250 rework done... the only reason this hast happened is I have been using the HELL out of the machine. The racertechs were just a band aid since I could get them on in the back of my toy hauler.

At the end of the day, as everyone will agree, CT is the best route to go. If you dont want to spend $1250 plus shipping, then call racertech and spend half.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts