Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one done this I seen that the Michigan blogers did and they claim that the squeaky noise is gone.Can anyone confirm that is make's it quitter. I am not a dune runner I just ride trails in Minnesota /Wisconsin

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
I swapped just springs first and, Eibach not ST.

The springs are not likley to stop any squeaking you hear.

Regardless of whether you do springs or springs and valving it's the same thing, I just don't see springs stopping squeaking.

My biggest noise reducer is intercom and headsets.

Long travel makes noise.

Tim

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I was a little skeptical of the claim also said it handled the bumps and jumps nicer that I believe thanks

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
Spring kit will help our the ride quality some. It will also help maintain the ride height as the stock springs tend to sag over time. The X3 is an offroad toy and they make noises. Every hear a $500,000 -$1mil trophy truck? All kinds of squeaks and noises.

·
Registered
870 Posts
You need to grease the shock eyelet spherical bushings. They get dry and make all kinds of noises.

·
Registered
805 Posts
take your shocks off and grease the bushings at the ends and clean the shock body behind the spring collars.
Agreed, I swapped to Eibach and when I push on it I hear the spring guides making almost a grinding noise along with some spring moan. "Ehhhhhh Ahhhhhh"

·
Registered
633 Posts
I would definitely go shock therapy, but call and give them all your accessories. They podium finished the mint 400 and have their products on dozens of race teams. Eibachs are generic and not bad, but shock therapy is the way to go

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
I would definitely go shock therapy, but call and give them all your accessories. They podium finished the mint 400 and have their products on dozens of race teams. Eibachs are generic and not bad, but shock therapy is the way to go
How is eibach generic? I’ve had both springs and eibach is the better spring imo. Without full revalve on both eibach is a smoother ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
What an ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS thing to say..

Do you realize Eibach actually MAKES The SPRINGS they sell?

Do you realize ST outsources the springs they sell?

What data do you have to say ST is better?

By the way most NASCAR and FORMULA ONE use those generic springs (Eibach), because you know, winning isn't so important to those guys, saving money on generic springs is.. Tim

·
Registered
633 Posts
I meant generic in that they sell them based off guestimates. Shock therapy is willing to help more with understanding your specific car. You can certainly order different rates wherever.

·
Registered
32 Posts
m00s3 some of us understand what you meant.

Eibach makes very high quality springs and are so comfortable with their product they don’t hide rates or anything; its printed right on the side for all of us to see and adjust to our needs.

Shock Therapy will narrow down the rates based on your specific equipment which is great customer service in my opinion. Haven’t owned this one X3 Max long enough to figure out what springs ST uses or how much weight I will be carrying.
Have a great day!

Dwayne

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts

Eibach makes very high quality springs and are so comfortable with their product they don’t hide rates or anything; its printed right on the side for all of us to see and adjust to our needs.

Shock Therpy will narrow down the rates based on your specific equipment which is great customer service in my opinion. Haven’t owned this one X3 Max long enough to figure out what springs ST uses or how much weight I will be carrying.
Have a great day!

Dwayne
So basically you don’t know what you’re talking about either. Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
@m00s3 used some poor descriptors but likes ST because they tailor the spring to your particular set up down to your accessories. Everyone knows Eibach makes killer springs, they just don't have an easy to access program to dial things in perfectly like ST does.

We can move on 😁

·
Registered
633 Posts

Shock Therpy will narrow down the rates based on your specific equipment which is great customer service in my opinion. Haven’t owned this one X3 Max long enough to figure out what springs ST uses or how much weight I will be carrying.
Have a great day!

Dwayne
@m00s3 used some poor descriptors but likes ST because they tailor the spring to your particular set up down to your accessories. Everyone knows Eibach makes killer springs, they just don't have an easy to access program to dial things in perfectly like ST does.

We can move on
Thanks. That was my point. I like ST as their product is also the service. Their sales platform allows many variables to help avoid multiple spring purchases. They are also one of the best in the UTV market. But they are ranked quite poorly in NASCAR.

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
Would like to point out that Eibach ( Tanner) came on here as a vendor and tested springs to get the two packages they offer and will let you know what those rates are. Were you here when Tanner was asking for machines to test the springs out? Did you participate with feedback to Eibach through Tanner or through Gary or Tommy ( THE MATER MIND BEHIND IVAN STEWART SUSPENSION) as they were developing the tunes and shock rates? Do you even know any of this took place?

Guys like Warlock contributed to getting the spring rates and tunes before most of the new SXS pretenders ever knew what an X3 was.

Some of you johnny come lately folks have not seen the effort that Eibach put in a I SUSPECT have not read through the Eibach threads.

Knowing what you are talking about DOES MATTER! The springs are to hold the car up, the valving is the magic! Saying there are lots of combos is just optics, it does not make much difference.

Tim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Saying there are lots of combos is just optics, it does not make much difference.
Dialing in the spring package exactly to the weight of your car loaded with accessories, toolbox, cooler, etc. DOES matter. That is what ST does. Eibach has a couple generic "yeah that otta work!" packages they offer. If you wanna get in the general ballpark use Eibach, If you want it dialed in SPECIFICALLY for your rig, then ST.

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
Dialing in the spring package exactly to the weight of your car loaded with accessories, toolbox, cooler, etc. DOES matter. That is what ST does. Eibach has a couple generic "yeah that otta work!" packages they offer. If you wanna get in the general ballpark use Eibach, If you want it dialed in SPECIFICALLY for your rig, then ST.
Did you weigh your car? If it matters that much clearly they weigh EVERY car right, or were you you just running your mouth?

Do you know what rates that ST used? How do you know that ST even has different packages if they dont show YOU the rates?

I was running long travel suspension before you know what long travel was!

I have had more discussion about long travel with racers, tuners, racers, sandcar manufactures and the owner of ST than you have ever even seen or read. Guess who built my sand car years before he started ST .....The owner of ST.

So what does your car weigh? Did they weigh it or GUESS!!!!!

Tim

1 - 20 of 42 Posts