Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Maverick Sport XRC. Trying to install the winch remote. I'll be damned if I can find the plug that is suppose to exist. Anybody?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does XRC come with the harness? I installed a Warn VRX on my Mav Sport 1000R and had to buy the Can Am winch harness.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies. I ain't got one. I hurt myself sticking my head under the dash, felt around, stuck my camera in there, I got nothin'.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Since MavT machines don't come factory equipped with a winch (or remote control harness), I installed the whole enchilada nearly 2 years ago. Agreed that the connector Bad Order showed is the correct one but thinking you might look not under the dash but instead in the general location where that harness clips to the plastic in the upper corner of the RF (driver side) wheel well where maybe it has already been routed. From there, the remote control harness plugs into that connector and routes to the mounting spot for the detachable remote control cable.

Winch harness1.JPG Winch harness2.JPG

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
DirtDawg, what am I looking at in the picture with the shock? I have a plug there, but it's already being used i.e. there is already something plugged into it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I don't have that. I have one to the front of the shock. I think it's either for the fans, or smart lock

·
Registered
750 Posts
Seems best at this point to review the installation instructions for the entire winch kit to familiarize yourself with the harnesses. I think I read on this forum last year that the XRC variant comes factory equipped with a winch but not the remote control - presumably for "liability" reasons. If not under the dash where shown above and not already routed to the upper wheel well area, I'm clueless...

e-Instructions - SSV KIT - Superwinch TERRA45 - Maverick Trail

·
Registered
204 Posts
Any resolution on this issue? I hear anecdotes of people finding all sorts of unconnected plugs, but I have never found one, including the mysterious remote winch connector.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've given up. When I take it into the dealer for the heater kit, I'll inquire. It's an XRC, so it came stock with the winch.

·
Registered
750 Posts
^^^ Did you (or dealer) find that hidden cable with Packard connector? I replaced my 2018 MavT with a new 2020 MavS XRC yesterday. Removed that winch remote cable harness and kept it and the control unit but much like you 4 mos ago, I can't find the mating end either underneath the dash, in upper driver wheelwell or under the "hood" access panel.

SuperWinch remote harness.jpg

·
Registered
750 Posts
^^^ Your MavS XMR (like XRC) should be winch remote-ready, with exception of the short harness cable imaged above plus the remote control itself. Have you found the non-terminated Packard type connector we couldn't on ours? If so, please post a picture.

Links here: Remote Control and Harness Cable

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well, not "obviously" there but I'm thinking hidden from view but present. Having installed that same winch on my (former) MavT using eInstructions linked in post #10, you can see the short lead mid way between dash controls and winch, where the remote harness cable (item P7) attaches. Seems doubtful Can-Am would assemble with a different version cable that doesn't feature that remote cable breakout within the main harness. I'll look further when time permits. I have Can-Am accessories to install in the meantime...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts