Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have more switches to install than I have room for so I was thinking about hard wiring the sport switch on and eliminating it. I cant see why I need it. I know how to back out of the throttle if need be. Anyone think of a reason I shouldn't do that?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like the economy for when I'm in bumpy areas so it's not so jerky.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If you simply remove it, it defaults to low. You'd have to leave it connected behind or something. Learned that the hard way.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If you simply remove it, it defaults to low. You'd have to leave it connected behind or something. Learned that the hard way.
he will remove the switch then twist the 2 wires together so its a perm switch ,

Reactions: chevycraig

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I hear ya. I don't ever get out of sport mode myself either...it is kind of a silly switch. Only reason I'd see for it is if you let the significant other drive it or maybe your son/daughter.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear ya. I don't ever get out of sport mode myself either...it is kind of a silly switch. Only reason I'd see for it is if you let the significant other drive it or maybe your son/daughter.
Ya, I thought of that, But anyone I don't trust wont be driving, and anyone else can just have the grey key.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about this on mine but decided to keep it. Use it when I let the girl freind drive and shes had a drink or 2
I'll bite my tongue. But wow would I like to go on a 3 paragraph rant about alcohol and performance motorsports

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well thanks for that, and I respect your decision not to drink in/around the maverick. Me, I like to have a couple beers and drive around the sand bars at the river.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Its people like you that make of road travel unsafe.
Booze is for the campfire AFTER the toys are put up for the night... On top of the safety aspect, in NH, it is a DWI... Same as if you were playing guard rail pinball on the interstate in the truck. That's a lot to lose, and the fuzz is like the gestapo around here!

Reactions: LeFrogQc

·
Registered
403 Posts
Re-route the harness to under the drivers side dash, and wire tie the switch up there out of sight. That way you can still access it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Its people like you that make of road travel unsafe.
It's not just the people that like to drink a beer or 2. IT's also the hotheaded showoffs that think they're so fucking awesome and have something to prove - whether they drink or not. Those people are just as dangerous.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I was going to relocate mine and use a simple on/off toggle switch. On would put it in sport mode and off would open the circuit and it defaults to ECO mode.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts