Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2014 x xc , there is a switch on the center that allows you to have full power when in reverse... but you have to hold it down. I was wondering if the guys making the sport power in low gear could use that somehow to make it work for both, but without holding down the switch? Since I don't know how either works, have to ask, but it sounds like it is a similar fix. ....ps....I don't know if this switch is new or has always been there...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The simple fix for reverse would be to change out the switch from a momentary to a on/off switch. There are times you may not want full power in reverse....

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I am fine with the reverse momentary switch, but I was thinking that the same method and switch that CAN-AM used here could be used for sport low mode as well. Probably some highly technical reason not to ...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Can Am isn't going to give us sport mode in low.....and a few of the aftermaket offerings do have a separate switch for sport low but it isn't needed. Simply turn off the sport mode switch on the console in high or low.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts