Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any preferences on the harnesses. I prefer shift....gas....steer but would sway from that if there was an obvious advantage to having a dashmount switch.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Switched is way better if you ride technical stuff. It gives you the ability for better modulated control of the throttle by having a less active response. It also allows better use of the built in canam throttle smoothing in the throttle by wire program. For example bouncing on rocks while crawling in the "Eco" mode won't make you inadvertently bounce the throttle due to the bouncing of the vehicle, the "Eco" mode smooths this effect more than the "sport" mode. Every time I do steep rock crawls or drive rutted out technical terrain, I switch to "Eco" and power delivery is much more controllable with less modulation, not to mention easier on your belt and driveline. Try that in your kitty or Popo. I see it as a no brainier.

Edit- and by switched I mean a harness that utilizes the stick sport/Eco switch not those with another switch entirely.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have switch less since it seemed like no brainer, I can still put it in eco mode using the stock switch.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have wickedcummins it's plug and play, but uses the stock switch so if you don't want full power just hit the sport mode switch just as if it's in high range.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I have the wicked one. No issue so far and none reported as far as I know on this forum.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have the one from Arcticbomb and it works great and is very ell built....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts