Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on dash that the light on my switch for my sport low mode is always on. Magnum said they wired it up exactly how the instructions say. So just curious if anyone else's is doing this also.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yes, switch is lit up all the time....

·
Registered
410 Posts
My fan override from Arcticbomb is a dual LED switch and one is on all the time.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yep...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just seems wierd it would be built so the switch light is on, in both the on & off position. :crazy:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Just seems wierd it would be built so the switch light is on, in both the on & off position. :crazy:
I think it was designed to match the OEM switches which are on all the time....you can change out the switch to a dual lamp switch where the light is on all the time but when you turn on the switch the upper section lights up a different color. It would require a jumper wire for the secondary lighted color and a new switch.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it was designed to match the OEM switches which are on all the time....you can change out the switch to a dual lamp switch where the light is on all the time but when you turn on the switch the upper section lights up a different color. It would require a jumper wire for the secondary lighted color and a new switch.
I just dont like the constant draw off the battery.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I just dont like the constant draw off the battery.
Unless you are leaving the car on with the engine off, you wont be pulling off of the battery. The stator will be powering it while the engine is running....and the draw from a lighted switch is minimal.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know but it means while sitting in the garage it needs to be on a tender.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
No...it's keyed power.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I think mine is always on even when the key is off. I'll have to check it when I get it back.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That's wrong then......They tapped into the wrong power source then. The only non-switched power in the console area is at the ignition/gauge power fed by fuse F8.

Power Distribution.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will have to check it when I get back, you may be correct that it is keyed power.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I need a website for the best place to order one of these.
thanks Paul

·
Registered
156 Posts
email sent. thanks kris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts