Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember my sport low melt down at Artic Bomb months ago, and I was going to do what it took to get the price down....well fortunately someone else did. I bought one of these and it works perfectly, came super fast too.

Met the guy riding...smoked my belt and he asked why I didn't have sport low to make a long story short. All fixed up now, and no where near as much money. Good investment.

Can Am Sport Mode Low Harness Can Am Commander and Maverick Switchless | eBay

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, great deal...and half what he used to charge. Looks like competition is great for everyone. I wasn't aware he'd dropped his price. All the end users win, it's great news. AB's works great, and I never complained about the product...just the price. Great price though, I have no complaints =)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
True if you want to spend $500 on the reflash. The reflash does offer a lot but if youre just looking for power from low gear and nothing more then sport low mod is still a good alternative. I have the wicked version of the sport low and it works great. At the time, which was before the Christmas deals he had the lowest price which was like $90. Prices have come down which is nice to see because that doesn't happen too often. And I agree with maverickmn about the sport low mod pricing. Unfortunately, owning a Maverick is a luxury and not a necessity in life so like owning a Cadillac or Corvette, you have to accept the fact that aftermarket is going to have luxury pricing as well. I don't say this across the board because I have found some products for the Maverick to be reasonably priced.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sport mod does only one thing, and doesn't do it correctly, since your dash will read the wrong gear, when the mod is on, power is still limited, when speed comes up.

With a reflash....the dash reads correctly, the engine can rev to max power, in low range, the engine can rev to max power in high range, the engine power is not cut with wheelspin, power is not reduced at speed in high, power is not reduced in low range, speed is not limited in low, speed is not limited in high, you can apply brake & gas at the same time, you can do doughnuts in any gear, I can go on..

To me, no need in applying a patch, when a fix is available. Costs more, but, to me, for each thing it does, it'a a way better deal.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Your reflash is great but I don't think that was the point of this thread. I disagree with you on the sport low doesn't do it correctly. You are right in that it has limitations but it does what it was design to do. Trick the ECU into thinking its in high gear and because of that you do gain noticeable power. It does show high gear on the dash but nothing can be done about that without a reflash. If I had $500 to burn I wouldn't think twice about getting your reflash but if I only got or want to spend less than a $100 that only leaves one choice.

Infact, I would get your reflash before any exhaust investment. That is a no brainer since exhaust systems run over a $1000.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What about those of us that still have stock clutch's? I don't see them holding up with the increased RPM's of the reflash?

The sportlow has proven to be pretty safe on a stock clutched machine.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
$80 artic bomb

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll wait for flash 2.0 from mrrpm for $199 and be all over it. ;) Sounds like the way to go, $500 is a big pill to swallow though for the average rider. I'll keep it in mind though, thank you mrrpm.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you are still under warranty and do the re flash, would the dealer be able to tell it had been done if it was brought in for warranty work? If so, and they were to re flash it back to stock, you're out $500 plus the repair bill, right? I'd love to swing in on the way down to HM in June to get mine done by MRRPM, but I would hate for it to screw me on my warranty.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The dealer can't tell by using his BUDS system. Obviously he can tell by driving it. If they reflash the computer for updates, it can, but most likely won't, overrite my reflash. if it does overwrite, I'll reflash back, for free, if you send it to me.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I like the sound of that. I'll probably be getting in touch with you before June. I'd like to make arrangements to swing by with my Mav on the way down to the HM rally in June for your reflash.

·
Registered
557 Posts
can you explain the 2.0 flash for 199.00 please! I am very interested.sorry not trying to jack the thread just was wondering what and how well is it?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was, sorry....just a joke. My fault, and sorry mrrpm. $500 is probably a killer deal for what it does.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
If they reflash the computer for updates, it can, but most likely won't, overrite my reflash.
thats just not reassuring enough for me. In my experiences with automotive and motorcycle ecu's, if they do a flash for an update or something on an ecu that's been aftermarket flashed already then 9 times out of 10 the vehicle won't start and the original programming has to reflashed back on the ecu. That's one of the main reasons they say to return the ecu to stock before you take it into the dealer. So if they do an update you won't have a dead vehicle.

I got plenty of money to burn on my maverick but I'm gonna have to wait for a little more r&d to be done first before I start hacking the ecu.

Till then im happy with my Arctic Bomb sport low

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
thats just not reassuring enough for me. In my experiences with automotive and motorcycle ecu's, if they do a flash for an update or something on an ecu that's been aftermarket flashed already then 9 times out of 10 the vehicle won't start and the original programming has to reflashed back on the ecu. That's one of the main reasons they say to return the ecu to stock before you take it into the dealer. So if they do an update you won't have a dead vehicle.

I got plenty of money to burn on my maverick but I'm gonna have to wait for a little more r&d to be done first before I start hacking the ecu.

Till then im happy with my Arctic Bomb sport low
What makes you think this is an aftermarket reflash?

If they update it, it may just overwrite what the reflash does, so you'll just have a stock computer again, but that's it, no worry about it not running.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts