Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Sport low mod

32K views 78 replies 24 participants last post by  14maverick1000r 
#1 ·
Will the current sport low mod out work with the max? I am looking at the switch less plug and play version.

#40 ·
For waht these companies are charging….HELL yea I want my "L"…can I buy a vowel:cool2:

#57 ·
Can someone confirm if the GBPS (gear box position sensor) connector is the one located just below the gear shifter linkage and gearbox vent tube in the picture below…

Engine Auto part Fuel line Vehicle Motor vehicle

#58 ·
yes

#59 ·
Thanks for confirming…..I see you have AutoMeter gauges….I am getting ready to install Voltage, Water temp, and oil pressure gauges.Could you possibly point out where you tied into the coolant line and engine for the oil pressure and water temps.

Reactions: LBSwank
#60 ·
Front head right side there is a plug that goes into the water jacket for coolant and there is a plug dead center on block between the two cylinders that you can get the oil pressure from. There is a thread I know on the commander forums with pictures and may be pics here to somewhere.

#61 ·
OK, I think I got it….see if where I marked them in the pics below are the right spots.

Auto part Fuel line Pipe Muffler Exhaust system
Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Car

#62 ·
yes.

#63 ·
Awesome…thanks.

#66 ·
So I went to Radio Shack and bought me these resistors and built a harness to do this myself and for some reason I kept getting an "E" when shifting into low. I double/triple checked my wiring and even metered everything out and was getting the correct 3.4 vdc (3.456 vdc to be exact). So needless to say, I soldered the original wires back together and put heat shrink over the joints and taped the wires as it was originally. I figured I would check to make sure it worked and that I didn't mess any thing up….sure enough I got the "E" when putting it into low! So now I am getting nervous and was wondering if I messed up the GBPS sensor itself. So I get mad and push the Mav with my foot and it rolls backwards ever so slightly and I hear the gearbox click into gear….sure enough it now shows "L"! So all along, it probably worked but since the gearbox was not actually in Low range it gave the error………So, needless to say after 4 hours of working in 95' garage, I gave up for the night. I will start all over again in the next day or so to test it again. But I am pretty confident it will work.

Only question I have is who sells a 2 position (on/on) switch that says "Low Sport Mode" on it? Didn't see one from TurnKey or UTVinc. and there were none on eBay…. So far I am into this project for $3.00 and some free labor and a lot of sweat :shocked:

#68 ·
Thanks Kris,

I will give them a call…...

#69 ·
I'd post pics, but there isn't much that pics would show over a wiring diagram. All I could show is a pic of a relay zip-tied to the center grab rail bar and some wires and a couple connectors at the transmission position switch. I got the diagram from 01Cummins from a post back in March. This is the link to the post: http://www.maverickforums.net/forum...090-airdam-sport-mode-switch-2.html#post15577

I hope the link works, I'm still new to linking and stuff in these forums.

#70 ·
Thanks I appreciate the link. I have the hand written schematic for the relay mod. It basically takes the palce of a 2 position (on/on) switch. The only difference is you don't have the option to turn it off when using a relay in lieu of the switch. So for those that want full control should opt for the switch and those that want to set it to "Sport Low" and forget it, the relay is the option for them.

When I get a chance I will generate a schematic with actual connector descriptions and wiring (color codes) so people will know which connectors and wires to splice/cut into to as well as a parts list to do this themselves.

Reactions: Clifs maverick
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.