Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yes, the connectors are definitely good quality automotive style and he also includes an extra accessory connector so you can still hook up another 12 volt accessory. I think there is a resistor also somewhere in that harness along with a backlit switch but I still cant see $190 worth of fun there.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I bought it because it's plug and play, so it's easily removed for warranty work. Especially if you break a trans or diff.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Mike who I ride with is an Engineer at 3M, he's going to do one and sell it for about $40 or so, maybe less. He agrees it's rape. Hopefully he follows through and helps us all out. =)
Count me in at that cost…..I would think they could sell 10X as many at that price and end up making more money in the long run….

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I bought it because it's plug and play, so it's easily removed for warranty work. Especially if you break a trans or diff.
yea, that is a good call….

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Now that is some damn nice work, just wish I spoke electrician . Lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Awesome…thank you! Can you please point me to the "G8PS Connector". I ordered a service manual but it hasn't arrived as of yet. Also, quick question…do you need a switch or can you simply override the signal with the 3.4v signal using the 2 resistors or will it not make the ECM happy if you have it in say "R". Just wondering if the switch is optional or if it is mandatory with this setup. I will make mine with the switch, but just thought I would ask…thank again!

·
Premium Member
9,095 Posts
Awesome…thank you! Can you please point me to the "G8PS Connector". I ordered a service manual but it hasn't arrived as of yet. Also, quick question…do you need a switch or can you simply override the signal with the 3.4v signal using the 2 resistors or will it not make the ECM happy if you have it in say "R". Just wondering if the switch is optional or if it is mandatory with this setup. I will make mine with the switch, but just thought I would ask…thank again!
i dont friggin know. just found the info on another site.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha…thanks for helping me out……I will get it figured out.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks Kris……do you have a unit for sale? If so, please point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Do not. Just doing some testing. I would say they'll be available within the next 2-3 weeks
Any idea on a price point as of yet?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey guys Kris with Cold Blooded performance teamed up with Doebeck and they now offer a plug n play sport low mode. I just ordered mine. Any questions hit Kris up. Great guy to deal with!
[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Would be nice if you get a sport mode low kit that showed the "L" indicator when shifted in low gear along with the sport mode indicator light up on the cluster at the same time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
What do ya want....EVERything..... They give you the Sports Low and you want the letters on the dash to read right.:smile:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Umm. I said it would be nice to have everything but not an absolute. Nothing wrong with that. It's called a challenge. There was a time when we went from horses to automobiles.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hey guys Kris with Cold Blooded performance teamed up with Doebeck and they now offer a plug n play sport low mode. I just ordered mine. Any questions hit Kris up. Great guy to deal with!
[email protected]
Dude, read Kris' response to my question in post #34. he said that it is not ready yet and it should be 2-3 weeks! Did you really just order it 15 minutes after he told me that…how much is it?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
What do ya want....EVERything..... They give you the Sports Low and you want the letters on the dash to read right.:smile:
For waht these companies are charging….HELL yea I want my "L"…can I buy a vowel:cool2:

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.