Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the current sport low mod out work with the max? I am looking at the switch less plug and play version.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
anyone have the instructions for the DIY sport low switch mod? I am thinking of wiring it myself. I remember needing a resistor or two, but i never saved that info.

·
Registered
477 Posts
What's the deal on the sports low ? I'm outa the loop, what does it do?

·
Registered
51 Posts
It lets you have sport mode in low range. From the factory you can't put it in sport mode while in low range so you only have about 70% of your power. I just put the one made by articbomb on mine but havent been able to try it out yet, still putting the snorkels on.

Reactions: BAMA-S

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Reactions: n.s mav

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yea that is the switchless version. He also sells a switched version for $190. Both perform the same function. Just depends on if you want a manual switch or not.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks…got it……kinda spendy isn't it?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
nothing is cheap for a side x side. I'm finding that out since this is my first utv. Cheapest thing I bought was a service manual on cd for $25.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I hear ya…but for some wires and good quality connectors…this is a bit extreme……If I had the wiring diagram for the harness, i could build it myself for around $20 using the same quality connectors. I could do it for around $3 if I cut into the stock harness…..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Will the current sport low mod out work with the max? I am looking at the switch less plug and play version.
It should work but you may have extend the wires if the engine is not in the exact same location.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I hear ya…but for some wires and good quality connectors…this is a bit extreme……If I had the wiring diagram for the harness, i could build it myself for around $20 using the same quality connectors. I could do it for around $3 if I cut into the stock harness…..
Yea, I think the the kits from articbomb are a bit rape cost. He also sells a fan override kit for $105 but UTV inc sells it for about half price.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea, I saw that….granted he uses great quality connectors but they don't cost that much and other than that, it is wires and cable loom…..

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mike who I ride with is an Engineer at 3M, he's going to do one and sell it for about $40 or so, maybe less. He agrees it's rape. Hopefully he follows through and helps us all out. =)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts