Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sham wow! Every time you use it it's like Wow!!!
Should have been called Sport MEDIUM or
Woods gear
If you haven't gotten it yet, get it. I'm done with high gear
This is where I'll be riding mine

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sham wow! Every time you use it it's like Wow!!!
Should have been called Sport MEDIUM or
Woods gear
If you haven't gotten it yet, get it. I'm done with high gear
This is where I'll be riding mine
I agree. I put it on and was amazed at the difference. I bet I use low range 80% of the time now. No reason to take it out. One of the best mods for the money.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I couldn't beleive the difference either. I just finished up my mods over the weekend & took it for a short spin - night & day difference.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
You guys and your dang mods.. always making it sound appealing!!! Sounds like this mod is user tested and not mother approved!! Must get it!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Im so anal i ordered a factory sport switch to change out with the one that comes with the kit. I just cant bear to see a different looking switch!!!!
Question. Is it harder on the machine running in low mostly?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The switch that comes with it matches very well. And if you aren't going to be running faster than 35mph, you should be in low, as it will prolong your belt life. It does go a little over 40mph in sport low.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Mine has hit 53 in low with sport low on. I pretty much never take it out of low.

·
Registered
468 Posts
sport low another thing to get LOL it will never end!!!
Of any mod out there, this is definitely the ringer though. I actually feel sorry for the guys that dont have it lol, thats how badass it is .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Evidently it doesn't wear on or hurt the engine to be running in low all the time then?
I would think it might be a little easier on the motor in most cases. The motor is working not as hard (other than potentially spinning a higher RPM - depends on situation). Also easier on belts. My only concern, are the diffs capable of handling the added torque to them (especially with an aftermarket clutch)?

Don't remember reading if anyone has torn up a diff with this setup.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts