Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been some heated discussions about this particular mod. Cheapest I'm finding it is ebay for $90. I have the diagram to make one but I'm too lazy. I just don't see it needing to cost that much. Anyone know of someone selling it cheaper yet?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious is someone found them cheaper, maybe a vendor here. You don't need to be a Douche about it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I doubt it. I seen arcticbomb lowered his to 95 on eBay.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the warranty still. I can at least remove the sport low harness.

What about the Belt, OEM still the way to go? Keep hoping someone makes a new one that actually is heavy duty and not just says it is.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
OP, do a little search on here and you will find that this sport low mod was going for $150+ last year. There is a guy on fleabay that is selling it for $130 but if you contact him, I'm sure he will sell it for $90 or less and it's the most reliable sport low mod to date based on feedback you can find on this forum. I have his sport low and no issues with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Pretty sure sport low mod at any price is the cheapest thing I'll ever do to the Mav besides maybe filling the tank.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is $90 really an issue for you? I mean you own a $20K machine and you're complaining about $90. Worth every penny IMO
That is a retarded way to look at it. They know it doesn't cost shit to make, that's my issue. I don't want to spend $90 on something that costs $10 to make. Everyone wants to argue on this damn forum. I just wanted an answer to if they were cheaper out there. Grow the **** up.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lock the damn thread before this turns into 10 pages on why I should buy it for blah blah... From blah blah.. Because blah blah..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That is a retarded way to look at it. They know it doesn't cost shit to make, that's my issue. I don't want to spend $90 on something that costs $10 to make. Everyone wants to argue on this damn forum. I just wanted an answer to if they were cheaper out there. Grow the **** up.
Bottom line is if people are willing to pay it then they will charge it. Not many people making them and a lot of people don't know how to make it for 10 bucks. It's kinda like economics 101. If you can do it for 10 bucks and know how then make one. Shoot make a bunch of them sell them for 40 bucks with a 300% profit I'm sure everyone will by one including me.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I was the one screaming when they were charging $160, even $250 and people were paying it. $90 isn't worth my time. Remember, we aren't talking a massive factory making these....it's guys in their homes. They need to be paid for their time too. $90 for what you get...protection for your machine....is worth it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I was the one screaming when they were charging $160, even $250 and people were paying it. $90 isn't worth my time. Remember, we aren't talking a massive factory making these....it's guys in their homes. They need to be paid for their time too. $90 for what you get...protection for your machine....is worth it.
That's what I was trying to say. People are making these one at a time in there garage not on an assembly line. So there time is worth something. And that's what your paying for. If your time is not worth doing it but complaining about the price of someone else's time is stupid. I do all my own work on my machine because I know how and I'm a cheap ass. But I'm not so lazy to not do it then bitch about what a shop charges either. Either I do it or pay up.

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just bought one from Articbomb for 85 shipped a couple weeks ago.
I figured I could build one easily enough, but for the 85 bux, why bother - he sent it out right away, and although I haven't installed it yet, it looks really nice - good quality build.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I finely just bought one 93.00 ebay nelson racing..yes 160 was out of control.. them plug ends arent cheap then trying to find them is another thing...so someones time to order and find these materials this is finely resonable for me ^^^coffee i get that way sometimes :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
No Goose, I think that's unfair. Just because you have 18k in a machine, doesn't mean you should spend foolishly on accessories. I could spend whatever I want...but because the accessories across the whole industry are overpriced I still hunt deals. I know a guy that has more money than he could ever spend in 5 lifetimes...and he drives an old beat up station wagon from the late 80's. He certainly could afford a knew car, he could buy a damn Bently...but he doesn't. Apparently he wants to be buried in all the money. ;) Every once in a while you see a deal that makes sense, isn't too bad...but not often.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts