Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went riding yesterday ended up getting stuck and after finally getting it out I hit the brakes and pedal goes to the floor and I give it a few pumps and I had brakes. The pedal never got firm like it has been but it didn't go to the floor either. It was at pretty much full droop sitting there for a good hr trying to get it out if that should matter. I haven't had time to really mess with it yet and I was just wondering if any of you guys had an explanation for it. It was bad enough I snapped an axle while getting it out but then no pedal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm gonna bleed them before I ride it again and see but even if thst fixes it I'd like to know the cause.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Maybe your rotors are moving pushing your pads back?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will do some looking into that also I am wondering if all the thick slop in there and turning the wheels back and forth put pressure on the calipers or rotor something and caused the piston to be pushed back in?

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I wonder if it has a broke CV stub at the wheel. That's exactly what mine did when it broke. Jack it up and wiggle tires, if you have any play in it that will explain why it's doing that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It has a broke front one but broke the shaft right inside the boot on the diff side. As for a rear being broke they seem fine I drove it back a good ways to the truck and it didn't seem to pull like only one side was pulling but I will jack it up and see.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
It won't pull to the side. It will drive normal but the brakes will go to the floor. The axles are weak at the threads.

Brakes had to be pumped up right before the tire came off during a race.
I would take a look and check it out. It made no noise when it broke.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Also for you racers switch to DOT 5.1 or a racing DOT4 rated for 600 degrees. I've been running it for years and it has done a great job and greatly reduces brake fade. I flush new fluid through it every three races or every race if its really wet due to the nature of brake fluid wanting to absorb water.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yall got me wondering now im gonna jack it up when I get home from work tonight. The brakes only went to the floor once and after that they just feel spongy still like they need bled but you never know.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts