Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI to Mr RPM and anyone else who would need to know...... I installed my filter adapter today and it fits without any clearance issues.

Thank You for a cool product and fast shipping!

·
Registered
156 Posts
which one did you get?? im going to order one soon.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
FYI to Mr RPM and anyone else who would need to know...... I installed my filter adapter today and it fits without any clearance issues.

Thank You for a cool product and fast shipping!
So how did you confirm the clearance? Did you reinstall the interior panels and check underneath with the skid plate off?

It would be nice to see a pic of the clearance. No one seems to have a pic of the clearance.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I installed the panels without issue. I don't know how much clearance there is under it...should I be worried? Looked like plenty of room to me......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks for the update. This does look like a great upgrade.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This filter holds so much more than the stock unit that I don't see why it just couldn't be changed every 200 hours instead of 100. My oil looked like new at 101 hours and this filter will keep it even cleaner. Amsoil recommends 15K change intervals on 4 cylinder car engines.

I'm going to send the oil in for analysis next time at 100 hours and see what it looks like.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I just like that it makes changing the oil easier and cleaner.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts

I installed the panels without issue. I don't know how much clearance there is under it...should I be worried? Looked like plenty of room to me......
From what everyone who has reported that has the adapter said its no issue but most reported it does touch the interior panels. The solution for some was to stick a piece of rubber in between the plastic panel and filter. Some have just left it alone.

It is definitely an easier way to change the filter which I like a lot.

I wish Can Am would have designed the fluid and filter changing so that no panels need to be removed. Even an access panel on the skid plate would have been a nicer approach.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

Anybody know if there is adequate clearance for this to work with the Max?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also note that I didn't use the supplied Baldwin filter. The Amsoil Ea15K09 is a tad shorter. I'm going to double check it tomorrow and I'll report back.

I thought it was confirmed that this didn't fit the Max do to the tighter clearances of the foot area panels.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish Can Am would have designed the fluid and filter changing so that no panels need to be removed. Even an access panel on the skid plate would have been a nicer approach.
You need to check the valves and do other maintenance that requires removing the panel anyway, so it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me. What I like it the better filtering and increased capacity.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
it WILL NOT work with maverick MAX. sadly, and I do mean sadly, I had one on my commander and loved it. wont fit on maverick due to rear engine being back in between back seats there is zero clearance for it. however, mr rpm did tell me you could do a remote filter mount, running lines to a new area and use it that way. I choose not to do that, to many potential issues for me. as to the 2 seater, it will rub your panels as your driving, so a piece of rubber is a great idea and good insurance. I wish I could have one again, screw on only for the max.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK double check this morning after a 70 mile ride yesterday and it did show some contact to the plastic. I took a heat gun and a round object to form that corner around the filter. sanded it smooth....Problem solved!

The Baldwin filter is 1/2" taller, so it would require a tiny bit more work to fit than the Amsoil filter I use.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Did you get a forum discount?

Not a lot of money in these mods to offer discounts, rather, my prices are forum discount to everyone, everyday!
This setup comes with a filter, ready to install, go try & have short run products made for these prices. I couldn't sell these that cheap, if all I had to make was ATV parts, no way to cover the costs of these machines making these. These are made to fill in spare time on my machines, and keep people working, when we get slow.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can somebody tell me the advantage of having a spin on oil filter ?? weather or not you have the spin on filter you still have to take the intereror plastics off, once the plastics are off, its really a piece of cake to access the oil filter. so what are the advantages. . . . .

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can somebody tell me the advantage of having a spin on oil filter ?? weather or not you have the spin on filter you still have to take the intereror plastics off, once the plastics are off, its really a piece of cake to access the oil filter. so what are the advantages. . . . .
Better filtering and slightly more oil capacity? I stock this filter for cars that I service, but the BRP filter I have to order for only my application....so another plus for me.

The Amsoil filter I'm using is rated at 10 microns with up to 50% better flow than normal paper filters. I couldn't find Baldwin's specs, but Wix claims 20 micron.

With better filtering and lack of sharing transmission oil should allow for longer drain intervals if the oil you use is designed for such.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts