Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got done removing my exhaust to gut my cat the mufflers were so damn tight even after heating them up I just unbolted the exhaust from the cat area (3 bolts) and slide the whole section out super easy u don't even need to waste time unbolting the mufflers and hammering them off,

drill and flat head screw driver that chitty cat material out , man it holds a lot of heat , the cat section was still warm after 1 hour and the pipes were cold , lol

Reactions: Zakka

·
Registered
177 Posts
Do you have a controller? Let us know how it does. spent my night supporting the alcoholic beverage industry.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are you doing this to gain some extra power or for sound? Do you plan on modifying the stock mufflers to?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no controller needed , there has been quit a few guys doing it on here so I fallowed , lol

I did it to increase flow and reduce heat , like I mentioned the cat area still warm after a hour the pipes coming off cat Cold,. so should help keep heat down flow up , left the stock resonator cans and mufflers alone, don't think it made it louder - not sure if it made a diff but I feel better getting this piece out of the way tho , lol

ghh.jpg hhg.jpg lok.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Benzo, you inspired me to give this a try. Thank you
thx , NP .

lol took me 8 months to finally do it ! lol

my mufflers were like stuck on so I removed the rear heat guard things and just un bolted the 3 bolts where the exhaust connects and slip it out of the rubber holders and then turned it sideways , nice and easy !

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
no controller needed , there has been quit a few guys doing it on here so I fallowed , lol

I did it to increase flow and reduce heat , like I mentioned the cat area still warm after a hour the pipes coming off cat Cold,. so should help keep heat down flow up , left the stock resonator cans and mufflers alone, don't think it made it louder - not sure if it made a diff but I feel better getting this piece out of the way tho , lol

View attachment 7303 View attachment 7304 View attachment 7305
That must be the hood of your wifes car? I know I wouldn't put it on my own...lol

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That must be the hood of your wifes car? I know I wouldn't put it on my own...lol
lol clear coat is peeling :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts