Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was at the sand show tonight and Robby Gordon dropped the new sxs.

225hp but for $1 more it will get 300hp with orders from factory with up to 500hp.

32inch tires, 5 point harnesses, fully welded cage, 22 inches of travel.

See the link to see it for yourself. My jaw dropped on the floor. https://speedsxs.com/

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would want to see them out for a year before I bought one. Thats alot of horsepower I would want to make sure everything could support it. Also is it crank 300hp or a real 300hp?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I would want to see them out for a year before I bought one. Thats alot of horsepower I would want to make sure everything could support it. Also is it crank 300hp or a real 300hp?
Would 300hp at the crank not be good enough?

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, blah blah...

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
The 4 seater was pretty nice in person. For sure a solid car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
What are the consequences of the 1400cc? Can't be road legal? That would be a no go for many.

If they still sell, BRP has a 1630cc available...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
1630 wont support a cvt...no crank bearing..
some state laws says any vehical over 1000cc cant be a utv and must meet vehicle safety standards

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Wildcat has a problem with their waterpump. It's plastic and steel and they separate causing the engine to overheat. Anyone know if that's been changed with this new model?

·
Premium Member
9,767 Posts
Could be a double edged sword. Every manufacturer better sit up, and take notice. If a little company like Speed can put out a superior product, every manufacturer should. However, on the flip side, people are wadding up cars now with roughly 200hp. 300 - 500hp will really take it's toll. And since this is sole-source, parts could be very expensive.

Whose or what motor is in it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Could be a double edged sword. Every manufacturer better sit up, and take notice. If a little company like Speed can put out a superior product, every manufacturer should. However, on the flip side, people are wadding up cars now with roughly 200hp. 300 - 500hp will really take it's toll. And since this is sole-source, parts could be very expensive.

Anyone with money can buy a race car, Not everyone can drive it well. I see your point and agree... I also agree on other manufactures better take notice or there will be but one player in this game. If the rest of the car will hold up, that price point with the power is very attractive, I am sure there is more to learn about this. Too soon for me to jump but I may be a buyer.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts

He won’t be able to mass produce them. Lack of a dealer network and part availability are going to be concerns. The big guys don’t have those concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Pretty sure it has a Z1 engine. I have to admit the car looked very solid. Other dealers already sell the XX so the XXX will be an easy transition. I mean we can not deny the fact that if these specs hold true that is a far superior car at the same price point.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts