Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Spare wheel

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Myron 
#1 ·
With the bead lock and inventions like slime do you really need a spare tyre? I agree if you loose a tyre you are really stuck if you are in the middle of nowhere and nothing but in your experience how likely is this to happen and would a spare tyre have solved the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#3 ·
With the bead lock and inventions like tireballs do you really need a spare tyre? I agree if you loose a tyre you are really stuck if you are in the middle of nowhere and nothing but in your experience how likely is this to happen and would a spare tyre have solved the problem.

Fixed it for ya

#5 ·
Tireballs aren't for everyone, they are expensive and cost more than the tire itself. Generally trail riding we run with plugs and a compressor.

#10 ·
if u already have a slow leak fix a flat or slime will work !

#13 ·
Mmm tire balls interesting concept, seems like a bit of a overkill, where plugs and a compressor could save the day.

If you cut the tyre then balls could help compared to a puncture and plugs.

The dilemma I have is I'm planning a desert crossing, 2 days of nothing between start and finish. Sounds like a spare tyre is the way to go. May end up as a fashion accessory but hell it looks good on a maverick and rather be save than sorry

#14 ·
why carry a compressor that may fail?... I used to have(and plan on making another soon) an adapter that has a tire chuck on one side of the hose and a semi hard rubber cone on the other side... Press the cone into the exhaust for a sec and Viola!.. Instant air... It worked like a champ and would air up a tire in about 3 sec.. this was on one of my early quads (Warrior 350) and it was a super easy fix that didn't require 12 volt power and carrying a slow compressor..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.