Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Plug kit and a compressor. I carried a spare tire on my rhino for six years and never used it! That's a lot of unneeded weight to be carrying.

·
Registered
143 Posts
All you need is a little starting fluid and a lighter...I never did it, but have seen it done...Mega?

I've done it with gasoline and a lighter before. That was fun. I lost a lot of arm hair! lol

But with the CO2 setup you can also run an impact wrench for a little bit if needed.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Looks like the jacks on the corners of my toyhauler
Thats exactly right, Camping World, China Frieght, or any RV supply place...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I ended up not getting clamps...would of cost too much to get them fabricated. I just left the tire carrier as is. Good thing because, there's been a couple times I've actually needed a spare tire and jack.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Im going to Mena Ak in june. I bought some spare tires and wheels. Im gonna leave them at camp. Im gonna try my luck and take some plugs and comp. If something happens that'll get me back to camp.

Reactions: MFlorindi

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm planning on getting a spare tube sized for the front tire. I also have a plug kit and compressor that works great for punctures but when you tear a side wall it won't help. As long as I stick with bead lock wheels I can slip a tube into the tire in no time at all and finish a ride without any problems.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nitrogen tank and plugs, haven't needed a spare in over 8000 miles of riding. Of course my worse tire is a big horn original and they get replaced real quick with baja crosses. A spare and a jack is a lot of weight to carry around in my opinion.

·
Registered
2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
9 Posts
You guys just gave me a headache! Lol
Plug Kit w CO2 either way. Spare at camp. Mount on. Tire on depending on situation that day.

·
Premium Member
8,256 Posts
You guys just gave me a headache! Lol
Plug Kit w CO2 either way. Spare at camp. Mount on. Tire on depending on situation that day.
That headache was sitting here waiting for you for 7 years! :p

Tim

Reactions: Hunger4Torque

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to get some feedback on carrying a spare tire vs. just a flat tire repair kit (ie: small compressor, Slime, plugs, etc). I recently installed the spare tire carrier because I got a good deal on it , and wanted the back end to look a little more finished off. I already carry a Slime tire kit. Just wondering if it's worth investing in a spare & jack. Otherwise, I'm tempted to just cut off the bottom "L" shaped bracket.... thoughts?
View attachment 8026
I carry plugs, slime, air pump, co2 and a spare..

·
Premium Member
X3 XRS R Triple Black
1,741 Posts
Both in my opinion! I use rope plugs till I get back to camp IF it’s shredded it’s the spare

41 - 55 of 55 Posts