Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the biggest size tire you can put on these mounts. If your running a 32" tires it's pointless to carry a stock tire, right? I know if your running a 38 on your truck n u pop a tire your spare is pointless unless it is a 38" or close, What about the maverick, I don't Think the diff would like it to much if one side had a 32 n the other a 26, right? So that's why I'm asking if the spare tire mount will hold a 30-32" tire.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u can weld the mount anywhere , so when the tire is mounted make it so it rest on the bottom of the bed thing, it will be supported by both now and should be more then fine, if needed u can weld more support on the mount or make it thicker bigger :)

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, cool so if I order one I can get it to support a 30" tire with a little altering. Thank u Benzo, my wife is having a problem keeping tires on the beads lately :disappointed:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol no problem !

this works everytime also

sorry for the bad vid but what I found quick lol

start watching around 45 sec mark

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:question::wink::crazy:
I love those videos where your waiting for someone to get hurt but....
Yea I'm gonna keep starting fluid on me now but I'm trying to kill two birds one stone type deal.
I figured the extra weight in the rear will help me with me water wheelieing. The engine placement makes it a lot harder to throw the front up once hitting a deep whole so maybe some wieght in the back n up the front goes.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
opps, trying to post video of me trying to water wheelie but the videos on facebook not my computer so it wont let me

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
just post the link and we can cut and paste it into the browser....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
true good idea lil weight in the rear and have a spare, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts