Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone using for spare gas on the OG Maverick? I'm wanting to keep a couple gallons with me. I always have a cooler mounted to the bed platform that takes up a good portion of it. I considered buying the Tusk modular storage pack where the 2 side storage packs can be used as coolers, and I could put a couple gallon gas can inside the middle part. I'm kinda worried about how hot it will get though. I think the Tusk modular pack might be too wide for the bed area with both side packs on as well. Does anyone have one of these on their OG Maverick? How is everyone hauling their spare gas can? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Maverick 1000r Turbo Xds
48 Posts
What's everyone using for spare gas on the OG Maverick? I'm wanting to keep a couple gallons with me. I always have a cooler mounted to the bed platform that takes up a good portion of it. I considered buying the Tusk modular storage pack where the 2 side storage packs can be used as coolers, and I could put a couple gallon gas can inside the middle part. I'm kinda worried about how hot it will get though. I think the Tusk modular pack might be too wide for the bed area with both side packs on as well. Does anyone have one of these on their OG Maverick? How is everyone hauling their spare gas can? Thanks in advance.
I have a Tusk modular storage pack packed full of things I may need incase of a break down. So for fuel I use a RotoPaX fuel container mounted to the roll cage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never used Rotpax products before. After a quick online search it looks like they sell a new UTV roll bar mount, but it doesn't look like the "t-handle" part that holds the container down is included? Is there a kit available anywhere with everything I need? I also see Amazon offers a self venting spout for the Rotopax containers. Is it worth getting one?

·
Registered
2016 Maverick 1000r Turbo Xds
48 Posts
I've never used Rotpax products before. After a quick online search it looks like they sell a new UTV roll bar mount, but it doesn't look like the "t-handle" part that holds the container down is included? Is there a kit available anywhere with everything I need? I also see Amazon offers a self venting spout for the Rotopax containers. Is it worth getting one?
I had to buy it all separate it's expensive but really the only option that worked for me. I don't have the venting spout.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I slide a rotopax under each seat, no mountng brackets needed, they dont sit flat like they do on the 17/18 models but it works perfect.
With the pivoting rack and shock reservoirs there was no room for a cage mount, but i would rather have them low on the skid plate anyway

·
Administrator
3,784 Posts
Hi Barbara, who’s mount or kit did you use? Custom? I too have the RC RR. Does the 1.75 fit with the diagonal brace?
We have the 2020 XRC with the diagonal brace. It's a very, VERY snug fit sliding between the chassis floor bar and skid, but does slid under and out of the way with the opening facing forward and towards the passenger door on ours.

·
Registered
268 Posts
We have the 2020 XRC with the diagonal brace. It's a very, VERY snug fit sliding between the chassis floor bar and skid, but does slid under and out of the way with the opening facing forward and towards the passenger door on ours.
Do you have any pointers on getting them in and out after they have expanded, or is that not an issue with the 1.75 gallon containers?
Or is it not an issue at all, I remember reading that they can become difficult to remove if/when they expand.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts