Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our first spammer today!!! That means we're getting noticed!! Anyway, I cleaned it up and it's gone. If you guys see it, report it ASAP and I will get rid of it. Nothing more pisses me off than spam!!! :disappointed:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Same here, I am a mod at the Can-Am forum and have been deleting the same spam for a month or two. they don't give up, just make new users.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I just got three more. For you guys who are spamming I will give you a lifetime ban for doing so. We will keep this forum clean of spam and won't tolerate it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nip the spammers in the bud. Have a look at the email addresses they are using, and for the obviously-weird ones, ban the entire domain. I just banned the following domains on some other forums as they're popular with the spammers:
*@cmail.*
*@ctyctr.*
*@getsuz.*
*@gotmail.*
*@fr4nk3nst3inerweb20.com
*@vvgmail.*
*@ctyctr.*
*@uugmail.*
*@ymail.*
*@joyzo.*
*@italymail.*
*@ycykly.*

And also these email keywords which they've used a few times:
ggr_*.*
playday*.*
*broarl*.*

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah this is getting ridiculous. I can hardly keep up!! We don't get nearly as much on the other forum. Oh well, at least I get to do something with these moderator controls. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Reported 2 so far today.

You can easily report spam by clicking the exclamation point on the lower left corner of the spammers post. A box will open in which you can report the issue and then send. A moderator will then take the necessary action.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That is what i have been doing, coming from another forum where i can do something about the spammers, over here you feel kinda helpless.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reported 2 so far today.

You can easily report spam by clicking the exclamation point on the lower left corner of the spammers post. A box will open in which you can report the issue and then send. A moderator will then take the necessary action.
Yep, the flood gates have officially opened!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is what i have been doing, coming from another forum where i can do something about the spammers, over here you feel kinda helpless.
I wish that if one spammer was banned on any of the owned forums, that they would automatically be banned on all the forums. That way if a spammer was banned on the RZR or Commander forums they would also be banned here. The other owned forums already have hundreds of banned IP addresses. I'm sure a lot of them that have already been banned there are trying their luck over here.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I wish that if one spammer was banned on any of the owned forums, that they would automatically be banned on all the forums. That way if a spammer was banned on the RZR or Commander forums they would also be banned here. The other owned forums already have hundreds of banned IP addresses. I'm sure a lot of them that have already been banned there are trying their luck over here.
Maybe the admins should look if that is possible, Some forum might have an banned ip list that would be copied from one forum to another. then they should be already banned here if they would try, That is just a thought but i am not sure if it works that way.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Spammers, Spammers everywhere ..............
Gonged about 7 this morning, China, Singapore, Belgium and other parts unknown

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think we may need to go to a system where the mods have to give approval for you to register? I have never seen so much spam. They really want us to read a book about david kaiser malibu apparently.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts