Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running spacers? Looking to put on my super atv Bracket lift but don't wanna loose the width I have. was thinking of landing spacers to keep the width the same when I install the lift. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am using the 2" spacers from UTV inc. I like them because the added 4" in width adds stability and it softens the suspension

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am using the 2" spacers from UTV inc. I like them because the added 4" in width adds stability and it softens the suspension
Could you post a head on view so I can see how she sits with the wider stance....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Could you post a head on view so I can see how she sits with the wider stance....
As soon I get it back.
I will say it looks way more balanced regarding width to hgt. It made it 68" wide in lieu of the stock 64"

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thank you sir...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm running 2"spacers on the front and 2.5"on the back. I've aways run spacers on my offroad toys. I just like the extra stability and handling. As long as tight trails aren't an issue you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm running 2"spacers on the front and 2.5"on the back. I've aways run spacers on my offroad toys. I just like the extra stability and handling. As long as tight trails aren't an issue you shouldn't have any problems.
Thanks for the info……I am a desert rider so there are very few trails for a SXS that wouldn't be wide enough for me to ride on…..

Reactions: Thrill Seeker

·
Registered
502 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
This is SuperAtv 3" lift with no spacers just 2+5 offset wheels

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I just changed my wheels to a 2"offset on each side and love it
It was alot less expensive to put spacers on than to buy 2 new sets of rims. (Desert tires & sand tires)

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Why did you put the wider spacers in the back?
The car will track & corner way better if the front is a tad bit wider than the rear.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Almost 69" I can get Donut Crazy:crazy:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Why did you put the wider spacers in the back?
The car will track & corner way better if the front is a tad bit wider than the rear.
I already had 2.5" so I bought some 2" thats why their not the same all around. As far as putting the wider in the back I just figured it was better. I guess my thought was the ass would slide around corners better. I don't know.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I already had 2.5" so I bought some 2" thats why their not the same all around. As far as putting the wider in the back I just figured it was better. I guess my thought was the ass would slide around corners better. I don't know.
next time you go out riding, switch them up and see if you like it better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
How wide is too wide? I ordered some 2" spacers and measured my current width at 68" with my new tires. So I'll probably be at around 72". Any issues here? Rotors will still be inside rim at about 1/2".

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So your going to run 2" spacers AND offset rims?
You might be fine but I would be a little nervous. That's a lot of leverage on the hub and spindle with it being that far out. I have ran my Teryx that was 68" total with a +5 LT kit for years. It was an excellent set up. There a +4 Mav kit that makes it 72" so maybe it will work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The stance looked the same with my 3.5/3.5 offset until I measured. Spacers are already in route. I'll post some pics :). Just don't want my wheel falling off.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts