Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody familiar with South TX area and what the terrain/riding is like? There's a slight chance we might have to relocate to the Rio Grande Valley area for work. I know the Kermit sand hills are near Texas/New Mexico border...but that's like 10hrs away from where we could be living.
We normally ride sand dunes (Glamis) and other local deserts here in southern CA.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't think there is much to speak of in that area, more then likely you will have to travel to the San Antonio or houston area with houston having more riding parks. If you can meet a few riders in the area most land is private owned.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think there is much to speak of in that area, more then likely you will have to travel to the San Antonio or houston area with houston having more riding parks. If you can meet a few riders in the area most land is private owned.
Thanks for the info. I'll research those areas you mentioned. I don't mind driving a few hours to good riding areas.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hidden falls in marble falls tx close to san antonio and austin park is mainly rock and trail riding
Down south offroad park in crosby tx mainly mud riding w lots of trails
Mud buddys in ezzell tx sandy trail riding in timber w mud in some areas in hallettsville tx close to victoria tx park is only about 300 acres
Most good places are farther north tx like shilohridge in alto tx lots of different terrain
Mud creek in jacksonville tx lots of trails and mud also
We ride socal about once a year going jan 2-18 this year

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hidden falls in marble falls tx close to san antonio and austin park is mainly rock and trail riding
Down south offroad park in crosby tx mainly mud riding w lots of trails
Mud buddys in ezzell tx sandy trail riding in timber w mud in some areas in hallettsville tx close to victoria tx park is only about 300 acres
Most good places are farther north tx like shilohridge in alto tx lots of different terrain
Mud creek in jacksonville tx lots of trails and mud also
We ride socal about once a year going jan 2-18 this year
I will look into those areas, Thanks! We won't be into the mud bog stuff, but sandy trail riding sounds cool. Where in So Cal do you go? It's got to be a 15-20 hr drive right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
we stay at glamis north camp grounds. ride the mountains and desert north of el centro n trailer our quads to glamis. It takes us 23-25 hrs driving straight thru

·
Registered
48 Posts
Texana Ranch is a two hour drive from San Antonio, but its huge, with a 42 mile track, heck we even use it for Raptor events. I am going to try to put together a good sxs event there soon if there is interest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts