Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a tube bender and notch jig and am wanting to build some tree kickers as a first project. I am on the search for the 1-7/8 saddle tube threaded weld on bungs that are used to mount all of the commercially available tree kickers. I found some from "Henn Racing" however the 6 bungs are half of the cost of an entire set of tree kickers. Does anyone know of any other place that sells them? I am also going to order some cage mounting plates and the 1.75" disconnect bungs. Any help is much appreciated

·
Premium Member
14,368 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Have you checked with our Supporting Vendors?

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
327 Posts
If this is an X3, notch the ends of your nerf bar tubing so they fit the OEM tube and fab the bars to index with the OEM elongated holes for mounting the can-am nerf bars. Fabricate a nut plate to fit the ID of your nerf bar tubing and weld that inside the tube slightly beyond the notch (make sure to get it aligned straight). Use a cap screw or stud to bolt on your nerf bars in the OEM elongated holes for this very use. This is how I made mine and I use the nerf bars as jacking points so they are plenty strong bolted on this way.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If this is an X3, notch the ends of your nerf bar tubing so they fit the OEM tube and fab the bars to index with the OEM elongated holes for mounting the can-am nerf bars. Fabricate a nut plate to fit the ID of your nerf bar tubing and weld that inside the tube slightly beyond the notch (make sure to get it aligned straight). Use a cap screw or stud to bolt on your nerf bars in the OEM elongated holes for this very use. This is how I made mine and I use the nerf bars as jacking points so they are plenty strong bolted on this way.

View attachment 273226 View attachment 273227
Thanks that is what I am planning on doing if I cannot find the weld in bungs. what thickness material did you use for the nut plate?

·
Premium Member
9,096 Posts
Just cut the thin plugs off the ends of your frame rails and slide in a piece of 1.5” tube and secure it from underside with bolt then weld 1.75” tube to that. Much stronger than anything you can buy.

utvdistribution.com for fabrication supplies

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
327 Posts
Thanks that is what I am planning on doing if I cannot find the weld in bungs. what thickness material did you use for the nut plate?
I used some leftover 2"x.125" 1018 CFS flat bar I cut with a hole saw then drilled to a clearance size for the studs I used. Had some leftover weld nuts (McMaster-Carr) I welded to the flat bar (that now looks like large washers). I welded these in my .095" wall A513 Type 5 tubing I had leftover from some other job. All in I probably have less than $5 worth of rattle can Eastwood Argent Silver ralley wheel paint in the project. The nuts and studs were bench stok I have in my fastener cabinet . No need to purchase anything special -- just simple fab work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts