Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I strongly disagree with everyone saying sound deadener doesn't work. I have 2021 maverick trail 800. I put 80mm noico sound deadener on the back wall, under the seats and under dash/floor area. Then I went over it with noico 315mm closed foam and it was night and day difference. I can be going 70 mph on the road and it's quite and can carry on a conversation no yelling required. No I don't wear helmets. Also have kenwood stereo with mtx 6.5s components and a 8 inch nvx low pro sub. I also put 80mm noico on the inside of my plastic can am sport roof. I bought the black version of the noico 80mm. Don't matter if you use the sliver if you're going to use the closed foam over it. That's just my opinion on this subject with my personal experience. Also I have the sport doors and full windshield not upper doors yet.
do you have any pictures of where you all install it. I think I'm going to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
I strongly disagree with everyone saying sound deadener doesn't work. I have 2021 maverick trail 800. I put 80mm noico sound deadener on the back wall, under the seats and under dash/floor area. Then I went over it with noico 315mm closed foam and it was night and day difference. I can be going 70 mph on the road and it's quite and can carry on a conversation no yelling required. No I don't wear helmets. Also have kenwood stereo with mtx 6.5s components and a 8 inch nvx low pro sub. I also put 80mm noico on the inside of my plastic can am sport roof. I bought the black version of the noico 80mm. Don't matter if you use the sliver if you're going to use the closed foam over it. That's just my opinion on this subject with my personal experience. Also I have the sport doors and full windshield not upper doors yet.
I bought this Sound level meter many months ago so I can test before and after when I do all my sound proofing. Obviously, I will be starting with A Can Am that is already quieter with the front window, rear window, and CVT relocate already installed. I will post my results once I get it all done. I will be doing the sound proofing before I add my new seats, so it will be a little while before I get to this point.
Fluid Liquid Font Measuring instrument Gas

Reactions: GloverXRS

·
Registered
91 Posts
do you have any pictures of where you all install it. I think I'm going to give it a try.
I don't it would be a couple days before I'm around my machine. Here is a sound db level before and after, I tried to put them side by side but it put the lower one before the high one. You can see it lowered it really nice. Yes the max db was higher as it was a windy day while causing at 62 mph. I waited a day before I drove it so the glues would set up nice. 83 down to 69 db is a good drop, well worth it in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't it would be a couple days before I'm around my machine. Here is a sound db level before and after, I tried to put them side by side but it put the lower one before the high one. You can see it lowered it really nice. Yes the max db was higher as it was a windy day while causing at 62 mph. I waited a day before I drove it so the glues would set up nice. 83 down to 69 db is a good drop, well worth it in my opinion.
Very nice post pictures when you can

41 - 47 of 47 Posts