Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just a few pics of our trip to Hatfield week of January 1st.
i think there was 13 machines in our group, we spent 4 day’s up there, weather was a little iffy but we came to ride.
visited a couple abandoned train tunnels and some wild horses that were not so wild. have to watch out for the black one
he’ll kick.
0C89C0AD-EE4A-48F6-BECF-F2A6A30EA2DB.jpeg
AE5678A1-21C8-407F-9131-581890F03829.jpeg
71971A09-1D38-4A3F-992D-8A83150BE076.jpeg
97D50123-7B3D-41F5-8157-F41CBA4E9F72.jpeg
D3065E4C-A19C-4B96-A9AC-2C874B7A8FCB.jpeg
222655AC-DA11-49B2-9F36-1E89BDB1CCF6.jpeg
2189E3CE-94D9-4D99-A6BD-78D56CD94221.jpeg

Reactions: DogRunner2

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I see you found a lot of the good sights! Those horses can be damn aggressive looking for food! Did you have the pizza at jose ole? I love their pizza and their street tacos...the rest is just ok imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey gtsum, yes we had the pizza, very good. Those horses will run you down for something to eat... lol
we’ve been going up there for years and never found a lot just navigating the hm trail maps, since we’ve
gotten the lifetime trail maps gps’s it’s opened soooo much more...
also thanks jmkreege.

Reactions: gtsum2

·
Registered
210 Posts
Will a 72" wide machine fit across that bridge?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will a 72" wide machine fit across that bridge?
i dont think a 72 " machine will have any trouble going pretty much any where on most of the HM trails.
the bridge will fit fine.
some of the trails we ride up there may be a little tight for a 72 but most of the time theres a way around.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ok thank you. I was curious about that bridge mostly

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Dog, nice Pics where is that at ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
We finally just started to explore the outla trails. There is so much neat stuff to see. I will have to see if i can find the pics you posted dog.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks Dog, we've also started exploring the outlaw trails, also the warrior trails are really nice.

Reactions: DogRunner2

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have been to Wagon Wheel twice now in Bud with great experiences. I am wondering if we should try something new??? We like the outlaw trails

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Dogrunner - have you ever done the Welch to Gilbert trail? I’ve done part of it but not the whole thing. I’d like to do it and run to Gilbert for lunch and then back to the southern trails in one day

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dogrunner - have you ever done the Welch to Gilbert trail? I’ve done part of it but not the whole thing. I’d like to do it and run to Gilbert for lunch and then back to the southern trails in one day

I have not,but I would like to. I wonder how much road riding there is.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have not,but I would like to. I wonder how much road riding there is.
It says it’s 44 miles or so...On that trail, I’ve only been from Welch west and then cut North up to ball field trail and into pinnacle. I’ll have to convince the group to try it sometime and I’ll report back

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm friends with Sandy Jay Bailey ( who ditched his RZR for an X3,lol) who runs a guide service out of Matoaka, maybe I can ask him also.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Don’t stop at Gilbert. Go on to Matewan.

We do Hilltop Escape/Ashland to Gilbert roundtrip in a day via going to Welch and taking the trail behind bowling alley. It’s a full day - 12 or so hrs of riding and 160ish miles usually. It’s about 30ish miles for us to get to Welch then another 40 or so to Gilbert. We stop at Twin Hollows for good BBQ/Rib lunch.

We do Matewan one way from Hilltop and it’s around a 10hr day but one way. We come back the next day after spending night in Matewan. Matewan is past Gilbert. It’s same trip but go another 30 or so miles past Gilbert.

There is some road. Maybe 8 or so miles each way not counting any roads you take getting past Pinnacle Creek Campground.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
^^^thats one thing we haven’t done.....ride one way all day and spend the night and then return next day. That would be cool. Well familiar with matewan...stayed there several times. Might need to try that sometime. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts